Bomb threat investigation is underway at Dadeland Mall, Baptist Hospital, MDSO says
MDSO says they received a report of a bomb threat on Saturday afternoon, with Miami-Dade Fire Rescue also at both scenes.
Watch CBS News
MDSO says they received a report of a bomb threat on Saturday afternoon, with Miami-Dade Fire Rescue also at both scenes.
The series of bomb threats started on Friday, and the most recent was received on Sunday.
Shortly after 5 p.m., the Miami-Dade Sheriff's Office responded to MIA regarding a report of unattended luggage at Door 21 of the South Terminal on the Departures level of the airport.
The incident prompted authorities to evacuate both the lower and upper levels of Terminal 4 as a precaution while deputies conducted a security sweep.
Police said they got a call about a man carrying luggage with wires hanging out and making threats to blow something up Friday morning.
Police said they got a call about a man carrying luggage with wires hanging out and making threats to blow something up Friday morning.
One person was taken into custody after a bomb threat was made aboard an Allegiant Airlines flight that departed from Saint Pete-Clearwater International Airport.
A suspicious package forced the evacuation of Miami-Dade's Government Center on Monday, disrupting Metrorail and Metromover service.
The man was booked faces one charge of making a false report about an explosive device.
A Mexican national was arrested at Miami International Airport on Saturday after allegedly making a bomb threat while checking in for his flight, authorities said.
The FIU honors student was charged with making written threats to commit a mass shooting or terrorism.
A Florida International University student is facing charges after federal authorities said they received a tip about written threats made on social media.
In a Dec. 11 Senate hearing, U.S. Capitol Police Chief Thomas Manger testified that there had been more than 50 so-called "swatting" attacks on members of Congress over the previous month.
A man is facing a domestic terrorism charge after a bomb threat hoax Monday at Horace Mann Middle School in Northwest Miami-Dade County. The FBI has taken over the case and the suspect is a 20-year-old unidentified man from Texas accused of threats in multiple states.
The school district said police thoroughly searched the school after it received the threat in a phone call.
Alan Filion pleaded guilty in Florida to four counts of making interstate threats to injure another person.
The 11-year-old Virginia boy is accused of calling in more than 20 bomb or shooting threats at schools.
With three weeks left in the school year, the Broward School District is making a big change when it comes to bomb threats.
The students were taken to a secure location
Joan Murray reports the school buildings were evacuated and searched but no explosives were found.
The school district said the students are being taken to a secure location.
Nova High School and Nova Middle School were temporarily evacuated Monday after a bomb threat. The campuses were searched and given the all clear.
Police said the passengers were evacuated, and the plane was searched at a remote location at O'Hare Airport.
The potential threat led to a large police presence during the investigation.
The all-clear was eventually given and guests were allowed to return.
Miami-Dade Fire Rescue said that the unidentified victim was rushed to Ryder Trauma Center in stable condition.
A security guard who was among the victims killed in a shooting at the Islamic Center of San Diego is being hailed for his heroism and bravery during the attack.
Secretary of State Marco Rubio said the sanctions "restrict the Cuban regime's ability to suppress the will of the Cuban people."
President Trump has been openly mulling a takeover of Cuba similar to the operation that toppled Venezuela's Nicolás Madoro. What it would mean for the regime's leaders remains to be seen. Here are some of the figures to watch.
The strong onshore winds will keep the risk of dangerous rip currents high along our Atlantic beaches on Tuesday.
Miami-Dade Fire Rescue said that the unidentified victim was rushed to Ryder Trauma Center in stable condition.
A security guard who was among the victims killed in a shooting at the Islamic Center of San Diego is being hailed for his heroism and bravery during the attack.
Secretary of State Marco Rubio said the sanctions "restrict the Cuban regime's ability to suppress the will of the Cuban people."
President Trump has been openly mulling a takeover of Cuba similar to the operation that toppled Venezuela's Nicolás Madoro. What it would mean for the regime's leaders remains to be seen. Here are some of the figures to watch.
The strong onshore winds will keep the risk of dangerous rip currents high along our Atlantic beaches on Tuesday.
In courtroom testimony, Shandelle Maycock recounted the harrowing night her daughter was abandoned in the Everglades, describing the horrors they endured.
A former prison guard trainee has been sentenced to death for the 2019 execution-style killings of five women inside a Florida bank.
Florida coach Billy Napier is getting a fourth season to try to get the Gators back to their winning ways.
A Florida man has filed a federal lawsuit against Jacksonville sheriff's officers who severely beat him last year after he ran from a traffic stop.
The Marion County Sheriff's deputy told authorities that he accidentally shot and killed his girlfriend while cleaning his gun.
President Trump has been openly mulling a takeover of Cuba similar to the operation that toppled Venezuela's Nicolás Madoro. What it would mean for the regime's leaders remains to be seen. Here are some of the figures to watch.
Survivors say they'd asked for more medical support before the Iranian drone strike that killed six U.S. soldiers at their command post in Kuwait in the war's first 24 hours.
Thirty years ago, a Cuban fighter jet shot down two civilian planes operated by Florida-based exile group Brothers to the Rescue, an incident that inflamed U.S.-Cuba relations.
The Trump administration announced it's restricting people who don't have U.S. passports from entering the country if they have been in Congo, South Sudan or Uganda amid the Ebola outbreak.
The Trump administration has placed intense pressure on Cuba's communist leadership.
The only remaining roadblock: Miami Dade County Commission Chairman Anthony Rodriguez, who has so far refused to say when – or even if – he will allow the full commission to vote on it.
A group of Miami residents, including historian Marvin Dunn, filed suit last week in federal court to block the transfer of land for the proposed library.
CBS News Miami has confirmed from multiple sources that the Miami Dade State Attorney's office is investigating A3.
State Senator Rosalind Osgood is urging Wasserman Schultz not to run in Florida's 22nd Congressional district.
Several commissioners have raised questions about how the center would be funded in future years.
The cruise ship hit by a deadly hantavirus outbreak has docked at the Dutch port of Rotterdam for disinfection, wrapping up a troubled journey that put world health authorities on alert.
At least 80 deaths have been reported in a new Ebola disease outbreak in Congo and Uganda, authorities said.
Dr. Tracy Beth Høeg, leader of the Food and Drug Administration division responsible for regulating prescription and over-the-counter drugs, is leaving her post, a senior FDA official confirmed.
A New York native is among 16 American passengers who are quarantining in Nebraska after being on the cruise ship that is at the center of the deadly hantavirus outbreak.
The head of the World Health Organization says "our work is not over" to contain hantavirus after evacuations from a cruise ship hit by a deadly outbreak of the illness.
AARP is sounding the alarm because it is so easy to fall for these schemes, but there are simple things everyone can do to protect themselves.
A lawsuit filed late last month took Chicago-based McDonald's to task over the McRib sandwich, calling its name a form of false advertising.
Florida insurance policyholders could be seeing some form of relief in their wallets thanks to market reforms made statewide, Gov. Ron DeSantis said.
The company said Tuesday that 85% of its retail products and "nearly all" of its school offerings are already made without "certified colors."
Less than two days after Delta Air Lines offered $30,000 to each passenger on board the flight that crashed and flipped in Toronto on Monday afternoon, the company is facing its first two lawsuits in the incident — and they likely won't be the last.
"Survivor" 48 and 50 contestant Joe Hunter believes his sister Joanna, whose death was ruled a suicide, was murdered. He and their mother are working to be Joanna's voice and advocate for others who have experienced domestic violence.
The Library of Congress revealed this year's list of 25 recordings to be preserved for future generations on the National Recording Registry.
"The Devil Wears Prada 2" edges out "Mortal Kombat II" at the North American box office this weekend.
A trial in the lawsuit between Blake Lively and Justin Baldoni was set to begin later in May.
The performance followed similar shows by Madonna in 2024 and Lady Gaga last year on one of the world's most iconic waterfronts.