Iran says it's ready to "teach a lesson" if U.S. launches new attacks
Iran warns any new U.S. attacks will bring a "bad result," as President Trump acknowledges the ceasefire is faltering and violence flares in Lebanon.
Watch CBS News
Iran warns any new U.S. attacks will bring a "bad result," as President Trump acknowledges the ceasefire is faltering and violence flares in Lebanon.
The USS Gerald R. Ford aircraft carrier is expected to leave the Middle East in the coming days, a U.S. official confirmed to CBS News.
Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi returned to Islamabad on Sunday, where he participated in talks focused on ending the war with the U.S., Iranian state media reported.
Following a second round of peace talks in Washington, President Trump announced that the Israel-Lebanon ceasefire had been extended by three weeks.
Iran balked at President Trump's demands for a peace deal amid a standoff over the Strait of Hormuz, as fear the war could reignite hits oil and energy markets.
President Trump says he sent a U.S. delegation to Pakistan for another round of peace talks with Iran Monday but Tehran says it doesn't plan to participate.
Only about a dozen ships passed through the Strait of Hormuz in the first two days of the ceasefire, far below normal traffic levels before the war, data shows.
Iran says Israel is violating the ceasefire deal President Trump announced, and Tehran appears to still have control over shipping in the Strait of Hormuz.
Federal officials on Monday for the first time labeled the March 12 attack at Michigan's Temple Israel as an act of terrorism inspired by Hezbollah, an Iran-backed militant group.
The Israel Defense Forces says the brother of the man accused of carrying out Thursday's attack at Temple Israel in West Bloomfield was a Hezbollah commander who was "eliminated" in an airstrike last week.
The Israel Defense Forces said Ibrahim Muhammad Ghazali was responsible for managing weapons operations for the unit within the U.S.-designated terrorist group.
As Israel and Hezbollah cease fire after a year, President Biden says Palestinians in war-torn Gaza also "deserve an end of the fighting and displacement."
A ceasefire in Lebanon between Israel and the Iran-backed militant group Hezbollah appeared to be holding several hours after it began.
The strikes, which destroyed an eight-story building and left a crater in the ground, were the fourth in Beirut in less than a week.
Cease-fire talks mediated by the United States, Qatar and Egypt have repeatedly stalled, as have parallel efforts by the U.S. and others to halt the fighting between Israel and Hezbollah in Lebanon.
The Israel-Hamas war is a major vulnerability for Vice President Kamala Harris, with some uncommitted Democratic voters considering leaving the presidential box on their ballots blank.
Israel says strikes are targeting a Lebanese financial institution that "directly funds Hezbollah's terror," as thousands of civilians flee their homes.
Israel has been carrying out a large-scale operation in northern Gaza for the last two weeks, saying Hamas has regrouped there.
Experts say Hezbollah's tunnels are not limited to the south.
A look at key moments since Hamas terrorists stormed into Israel, sparking a war that, a year later, threatens to ignite the Middle East.
Exactly one year after Hamas' terrorist rampage in Israel, 101 hostages are still missing and the death toll is still climbing.
Israel and Hezbollah have traded fire across the Lebanon border almost daily since the day after Hamas' cross-border attack on Oct. 7, 2023.
Israel has sharply expanded its strikes on Lebanon in recent weeks after nearly a year of exchanging fire with the Iran-backed Hezbollah.
Explosions were heard over Tel Aviv and Jerusalem but there were no reports of Israeli deaths. A U.S. official said the attack was "effectively defeated."
The Israeli military says it has begun a "limited, localized" ground operation against Hezbollah targets in southern Lebanon.
At least three people are injured after separate weekend shootings across Detroit as of Saturday night.
A male teenager is in the hospital after he was shot while driving on Detroit's north side Saturday evening.
Two Detroit nonprofit organizations have partnered together to fight food insecurity for elementary school students.
A bystander was also wounded, but no Secret Service officers were injured, officials said. President Trump was in the White House at the time of the incident.
A former U.S. Customs and Border Protection officer from Michigan has been sentenced for one count of distribution of child pornography, the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of Michigan said on Friday.
The family of Michigan teen Noah Winters is seeking answers after he has been missing for one week.
At least three people are injured after separate weekend shootings across Detroit as of Saturday night.
A bystander was also wounded, but no Secret Service officers were injured, officials said. President Trump was in the White House at the time of the incident.
A male teenager is in the hospital after he was shot while driving on Detroit's north side Saturday evening.
A 75-year-old Wixom man who was allegedly attacked by a DoorDash driver back in December has died from his injuries on May 16, his family says
Stellantis unveiled a nearly $70 million five-year strategic plan with the launch of new vehicles — including hybrids and EVs — over the next five years.
From classic cruisers to new memories still being made, the Woodward Dream Cruise remains a celebration of Michigan's automotive culture.
If you are planning a road trip for Memorial Day weekend, remember that the cost of gas this year is noticeably higher than last year.
Michigan is demanding repayment of $35 million from the American Center for Mobility, a key player in autonomous vehicle development.
A bipartisan bill introduced in Washington, D.C., by Michigan Congresswoman Debbie Dingell and Congressman John Moolenaar would prohibit the importation, manufacture or sale of Chinese cars in the United States.
Stephen Colbert made a surprise appearance hosting the "Only in Monroe" community access show broadcast in Monroe, Michigan, on Friday, one night after he recorded his final episode of "The Late Show."
Rob Base, the MC whose lyrics lit up the dancefloor classic "It Takes Two" and got countless people moving worldwide, passed away Friday.
After nearly a century on the air, CBS News Radio signed off, with the final reports airing on Friday, May 22.
Stephen Colbert hosted "The Late Show" for the final time Thursday night as the franchise came to an end after 33 years.
The Michigan woman who inspired the name of the rock band Greta Van Fleet has died.
A bystander was also wounded, but no Secret Service officers were injured, officials said. President Trump was in the White House at the time of the incident.
Kyle Busch, who won more races in NASCAR's top three series than anyone in history, died suddenly on Thursday.
U.S. officials and negotiators were discussing a process to reopen the Strait of Hormuz, sources briefed on the conversations said.
Tulsi Gabbard is resigning as the director of national intelligence after her husband was diagnosed with a rare form of bone cancer.
The Pentagon on Friday released a new batch of 64 files related to UFOs, unveiling a second tranche of records under an executive order by President Trump.
Two Detroit nonprofit organizations have partnered together to fight food insecurity for elementary school students.
St. Clair County health officials have identified the county's first salmonella case linked to a multistate outbreak associated with backyard poultry.
Experts at Children's Hospital of Michigan say they typically see a rise in preventable injuries this time of year, many of which can happen in just seconds.
The app helps people with allergies navigate menus and get information about kitchen practices, so they know what's safe to eat.
A bill that would ban anyone under age 16 from viewing, using or accessing social media in Michigan was introduced in the state legislature.
Kyle Busch, who won more races in NASCAR's top three series than anyone in history, died suddenly on Thursday.
Detroit Tigers ace Tarik Skubal threw his third bullpen session since his rehab program from elbow surgery began.
The Detroit Lions have signed All-Pro linebacker Jack Campbell to a four-year contract extension that runs through the 2030 season.
Kyle Busch's family earlier Thursday announced he had been hospitalized with a "severe illness."
Angel Martínez hit a tiebreaking triple in the 10th inning, José Ramírez followed with an RBI double and the Cleveland Guardians beat the slumping Detroit Tigers 3-2.
It's the fourth year the Detroit Grand Prix has been on the streets of the Motor City after moving from Belle Isle.
This week on Michigan Matters, the roundtable talks about the governor's race and the impact of former Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan.
The roundtable discusses the impact of rising gas prices and friction at the federal level with Canada and the U.S., and how it affects tourism.
Life Directions has been helping guide and mentor young people in Detroit.
Robert Costa, the award-winning national correspondent for CBS Sunday Morning and chief Washington analyst for CBS News, talks about Michigan's role in this critical midterm election.
Two Detroit nonprofits have partnered together to fight food insecurity for elementary school students. Veronica Ortega shares their story.
Sunday afternoon brings a chance of showers with some storms
A Detroit teenager is facing seven charges in a shooting in the city's downtown area that injured a 14-year-old boy during a teen takeover event on Sunday. Julia Avant reports.
Frustrations are growing as a Michigan family continues its search for a teen who has been missing for more than a week.
A 75-year-old Wixom man who was allegedly attacked by a DoorDash driver back in December has died from his injuries on May 16, his family says.