Ford recalls more than 179,000 vehicles over front seat defect
Ford Motor Company is recalling over 179,000 vehicles due to a front seat issue that can increase the risk of injury in a crash, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said.
Watch CBS News
Ford Motor Company is recalling over 179,000 vehicles due to a front seat issue that can increase the risk of injury in a crash, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said.
Ford CEO Jim Farley tells CBS News, "Most of our new models are going to be more affordable versions."
The recall affects F-150 vehicles quipped with a six-speed automatic transmission produced between March 12, 2014, and Aug. 18, 2017, according to NHTSA.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said the issue can reduce the driver's ability to detect hazards and increase the risk of a crash.
Ford is recalling roughly 119,000 vehicles because their engine block heaters have a defect that increases the risk of fire, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says.
Regulators said the parking module in certain Ford vehicles may fail, potentially allowing cars to roll away.
The recall affects 2025-2026 Bronco and Bronco Sport vehicles.
Shoppers can browse Ford dealers' used car selection online, through Amazon Autos, and pick their vehicles up in person.
Jim Farley discusses the difficulties of tariffs in imported parts, which have cost Ford a billion dollars – and may give an advantage to their competitors. He also explains why he drives a Chinese-made electric vehicle.
Safety regulators say a faulty rearview camera on certain Ford models can increase the risk of a crash.
The automaker is recalling more than half a million vehicles over variety issues. Here's how dealers are remedying the problems.
Consumers are looking to take advantage of federal tax credits on new and used electric vehicles before Sept. 30 expiration date.
Ford said a brake hose in two SUV models can develop a leak, potentially increasing the risk of a crash.
Ford Motor is recalling more than 103,000 F-150 pickup trucks due to an issue with the vehicles' axle hub bolts.
Ford unveiled a new assembly line on Monday, which CEO Jim Farley called the most radical change at Ford "since the Model T."
Ford is recalling 200,000 Mustang Mach-E cars due to an issue with its door latches that could put children at risk.
Ford said faulty software could cause the rearview camera image to malfunction when vehicles are in reverse, raising the risk of a crash.
A bent brake line caused by faulty assembly may lead to reduced brake function, putting the driver and others on the road in danger.
Ford Motor cites higher U.S. tariffs as one reason why the automaker is raising prices for three of its cars.
Ford's vehicle prices could rise this summer if 25% auto tariffs remain in place, the company said in a memo to dealers.
Ford rolls out employee pricing promotion as new 25% tariffs on U.S. auto imports take effect.
The companies said the repairs on the issues will be performed free of charge for owners.
Proposed 25% U.S. tariffs on Canada and Mexico could lead to a sharp increase in vehicle prices, auto industry executives and analysts say.
Vehicles used in deadly New Orleans attack and Las Vegas explosion at Trump hotel were rented via same app, Turo.
The truck recall is one of four issued by Ford Motor on the same day for a range of vehicles, including SUVs.
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell says the league is cooperating with Florida Attorney General James Uthmeier after being issued a subpoena last week.
The Thrive Art District, built on what were once rundown warehouses in Progresso Village, has become one of Fort Lauderdale's newest hidden gems.
Many Cuban exiles in South Florida, including Brothers to the Rescue founder Jose Basulto, hope that announcement will be a criminal indictment of Raúl Castro.
To participate in the contest, watch WFOR from 5:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. or WBFS from 7:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. to find the "Word of the Day" displayed on the screen.
Despite gas prices being at a four-year high, the auto club AAA anticipates a record 2.7 million Floridians will take to the roads for the Memorial Day holiday weekend.
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell says the league is cooperating with Florida Attorney General James Uthmeier after being issued a subpoena last week.
The Thrive Art District, built on what were once rundown warehouses in Progresso Village, has become one of Fort Lauderdale's newest hidden gems.
Many Cuban exiles in South Florida, including Brothers to the Rescue founder Jose Basulto, hope that announcement will be a criminal indictment of Raúl Castro.
Despite gas prices being at a four-year high, the auto club AAA anticipates a record 2.7 million Floridians will take to the roads for the Memorial Day holiday weekend.
The indictment, which was first reported by CBS News, marks the latest in a series of probes by the Justice Dept. related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
In courtroom testimony, Shandelle Maycock recounted the harrowing night her daughter was abandoned in the Everglades, describing the horrors they endured.
A former prison guard trainee has been sentenced to death for the 2019 execution-style killings of five women inside a Florida bank.
Florida coach Billy Napier is getting a fourth season to try to get the Gators back to their winning ways.
A Florida man has filed a federal lawsuit against Jacksonville sheriff's officers who severely beat him last year after he ran from a traffic stop.
The Marion County Sheriff's deputy told authorities that he accidentally shot and killed his girlfriend while cleaning his gun.
The indictment, which was first reported by CBS News, marks the latest in a series of probes by the Justice Dept. related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
There is concern among some in the Justice Department that the pending charges against him are weak, sources said.
President Trump has been openly mulling a takeover of Cuba similar to the operation that toppled Venezuela's Nicolás Madoro. What it would mean for the regime's leaders remains to be seen. Here are some of the figures to watch.
Survivors say they'd asked for more medical support before the Iranian drone strike that killed six U.S. soldiers at their command post in Kuwait in the war's first 24 hours.
Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche announced the creation of the fund as part of the settlement of President Trump's lawsuit against the IRS over the leaking of his tax returns.
The only remaining roadblock: Miami Dade County Commission Chairman Anthony Rodriguez, who has so far refused to say when – or even if – he will allow the full commission to vote on it.
A group of Miami residents, including historian Marvin Dunn, filed suit last week in federal court to block the transfer of land for the proposed library.
CBS News Miami has confirmed from multiple sources that the Miami Dade State Attorney's office is investigating A3.
State Senator Rosalind Osgood is urging Wasserman Schultz not to run in Florida's 22nd Congressional district.
In an interview on Facing South Florida, Wasserman Schultz said the Governor's efforts to redraw the maps will almost certainly violate the Fair Districts constitutional amendment voters in Florida passed in 2010.
The cruise ship hit by a deadly hantavirus outbreak has docked at the Dutch port of Rotterdam for disinfection, wrapping up a troubled journey that put world health authorities on alert.
At least 80 deaths have been reported in a new Ebola disease outbreak in Congo and Uganda, authorities said.
Dr. Tracy Beth Høeg, leader of the Food and Drug Administration division responsible for regulating prescription and over-the-counter drugs, is leaving her post, a senior FDA official confirmed.
A New York native is among 16 American passengers who are quarantining in Nebraska after being on the cruise ship that is at the center of the deadly hantavirus outbreak.
The head of the World Health Organization says "our work is not over" to contain hantavirus after evacuations from a cruise ship hit by a deadly outbreak of the illness.
AARP is sounding the alarm because it is so easy to fall for these schemes, but there are simple things everyone can do to protect themselves.
A lawsuit filed late last month took Chicago-based McDonald's to task over the McRib sandwich, calling its name a form of false advertising.
Florida insurance policyholders could be seeing some form of relief in their wallets thanks to market reforms made statewide, Gov. Ron DeSantis said.
The company said Tuesday that 85% of its retail products and "nearly all" of its school offerings are already made without "certified colors."
Less than two days after Delta Air Lines offered $30,000 to each passenger on board the flight that crashed and flipped in Toronto on Monday afternoon, the company is facing its first two lawsuits in the incident — and they likely won't be the last.
"Survivor" 48 and 50 contestant Joe Hunter believes his sister Joanna, whose death was ruled a suicide, was murdered. He and their mother are working to be Joanna's voice and advocate for others who have experienced domestic violence.
The Library of Congress revealed this year's list of 25 recordings to be preserved for future generations on the National Recording Registry.
"The Devil Wears Prada 2" edges out "Mortal Kombat II" at the North American box office this weekend.
A trial in the lawsuit between Blake Lively and Justin Baldoni was set to begin later in May.
The performance followed similar shows by Madonna in 2024 and Lady Gaga last year on one of the world's most iconic waterfronts.