Combat resumes in Gaza as Israel accuses Hamas of violating cease-fire
Hamas says at least 60 people killed as Israel resumes military operations in Gaza after accusing the Palestinian group of violating a cease-fire that lasted 7 days.
Watch CBS News
Hamas says at least 60 people killed as Israel resumes military operations in Gaza after accusing the Palestinian group of violating a cease-fire that lasted 7 days.
A group of pro-Palestinian demonstrators held a protest Thursday night at the tree-lighting ceremony at Miami City Hall.
A group of pro-Palestinian demonstrators held a protest Thursday night at the tree-lighting ceremony at Miami City Hall.
Hamas has freed about 100 hostages since the temporary cease-fire took effect and, despite ongoing violence outside Gaza, the truce was extended for at least 1 more day.
With Israel and Hamas extending their truce to facilitate more hostage and prisoner releases, there's joy for dozens of families – and calls for a longer cease-fire.
Hamas is expected to release more hostages, and Israel more Palestinian prisoners, under a cease-fire that has been extended 2 days, Qatar announced.
Sagui Dekel-Chen was taken hostage while he was fighting to protect his family
Sagui Dekel-Chen was taken hostage by Hamas while he was fighting to protect his family.
Seventeen hostages were released — 14 Israeli citizens, which includes Abigail, who is a joint Israeli-American citizen, and three foreign nationals, Israeli officials said.
Following a lengthy delay, a second group of Hamas-held hostages were freed following the release of an initial group of 24 hostages on Friday.
Emily Hand, 9, was released with the second batch of hostages to Israel on Saturday after 50 days of captivity in Gaza.
Qatari and Egyptian mediators say Hamas agreed to release 13 Israelis and seven foreigners on Saturday in exchange for 39 Palestinians imprisoned by Israel.
The planned four-day cease-fire is part of an extendable deal that calls for Hamas to free 50 hostages and Israel to release 150 Palestinian prisoners.
Under the agreement reached in Qatar, Hamas is incentivized to release captives that Israel accuses it of seizing during its rampage across southern Israel.
A short-term cease-fire between Israel and Hamas that will allow for the release of hostages and for aid to enter Gaza had originally been expected to begin Thursday.
As bombs continue to drop in Gaza, with thousands of people dead, a temporary truce between Israel and Hamas will enact a four-day ceasefire in exchange for hostages.
As bombs continue to drop in Gaza, with thousands of people dead, a temporary truce between Israel and Hamas will enact a four-day ceasefire in exchange for hostages.
The Israeli government said early Wednesday that it had approved a deal that would see 50 hostages held in Gaza released and a 4-day cease-fire observed.
At this stage, there is no firm deal in hand but rather a written draft agreement that is being passed between parties.
Gaza's Hamas-run Health Ministry says Israeli forces are closing in on second facility in the Palestinian enclave as thousands evacuate Al-Shifa hospital.
"Many areas of difference that previously existed have been narrowed," a top national security adviser to President Biden said Sunday.
"We're just wondering how far is this going to go? We're calling for a cease-fire," Jordanian Ambassador Dina Kawar told "Face the Nation."
Patients, staff and displaced people left Gaza's largest hospital, health officials said, leaving behind only a skeleton crew to care for those too sick to move.
"The national task before our eyes is to locate the missing and return the abducted persons home," the IDF said in a statement Friday.
Natalia Casarotti said her son helped save lives before he was fatally shot.
Thousands of Floridians who pay for health insurance are encountering significant obstacles when attempting to fill prescriptions, as health insurance companies increasingly deny coverage for medications recommended by their doctors.
Ana Margarita Martinez, the ex-wife of Juan Pablo Roque, described a mix of relief and lingering disbelief tied to one of the most painful chapters of her life.
Under the proposal, the civil penalty would jump from $5,130 to $18,000 for immigrants who received an in absentia removal order, which means they were ordered deported because they did not appear before an immigration judge.
The Braves said outfielder Ronald Acuña Jr. was removed in the sixth inning of Thursday's game against the Miami Marlins as a precaution because of pain in his left thumb.
Florida officials will pay nearly half a million dollars to a biologist who was fired by a state agency for criticizing conservative activist Charlie Kirk on social media after his death.
Thousands of Floridians who pay for health insurance are encountering significant obstacles when attempting to fill prescriptions, as health insurance companies increasingly deny coverage for medications recommended by their doctors.
Ana Margarita Martinez, the ex-wife of Juan Pablo Roque, described a mix of relief and lingering disbelief tied to one of the most painful chapters of her life.
Under the proposal, the civil penalty would jump from $5,130 to $18,000 for immigrants who received an in absentia removal order, which means they were ordered deported because they did not appear before an immigration judge.
The Braves said outfielder Ronald Acuña Jr. was removed in the sixth inning of Thursday's game against the Miami Marlins as a precaution because of pain in his left thumb.
Florida officials will pay nearly half a million dollars to a biologist who was fired by a state agency for criticizing conservative activist Charlie Kirk on social media after his death.
In courtroom testimony, Shandelle Maycock recounted the harrowing night her daughter was abandoned in the Everglades, describing the horrors they endured.
A former prison guard trainee has been sentenced to death for the 2019 execution-style killings of five women inside a Florida bank.
Florida coach Billy Napier is getting a fourth season to try to get the Gators back to their winning ways.
A Florida man has filed a federal lawsuit against Jacksonville sheriff's officers who severely beat him last year after he ran from a traffic stop.
The Marion County Sheriff's deputy told authorities that he accidentally shot and killed his girlfriend while cleaning his gun.
Florida officials will pay nearly half a million dollars to a biologist who was fired by a state agency for criticizing conservative activist Charlie Kirk on social media after his death.
The sister of the head of a company that is accused of having close ties to Cuban government operations has been arrested in Miami, federal authorities announced.
GOP Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick and Democratic Rep. Tom Suozzi introduced a bill to ban the use of federal money for paying out claims under the Justice Department's new "anti-weaponization" fund.
The additions come after the ouster of dozens of immigration judges across the country by the Trump administration over the past year.
The new fund to provide payouts to those who say the legal system was "weaponized" against them raised immediate questions about its legality, implementation and enforcement.
Enrique Tarrio was sentenced to 22 years in prison for his role in planning and orchestrating the attack on the Capitol on January 6, 2021.
The only remaining roadblock: Miami Dade County Commission Chairman Anthony Rodriguez, who has so far refused to say when – or even if – he will allow the full commission to vote on it.
A group of Miami residents, including historian Marvin Dunn, filed suit last week in federal court to block the transfer of land for the proposed library.
CBS News Miami has confirmed from multiple sources that the Miami Dade State Attorney's office is investigating A3.
State Senator Rosalind Osgood is urging Wasserman Schultz not to run in Florida's 22nd Congressional district.
WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus says risks from the Ebola outbreak in Congo and Uganda are "high at the national and regional levels, and low at the global level."
The cruise ship hit by a deadly hantavirus outbreak has docked at the Dutch port of Rotterdam for disinfection, wrapping up a troubled journey that put world health authorities on alert.
At least 80 deaths have been reported in a new Ebola disease outbreak in Congo and Uganda, authorities said.
Dr. Tracy Beth Høeg, leader of the Food and Drug Administration division responsible for regulating prescription and over-the-counter drugs, is leaving her post, a senior FDA official confirmed.
A New York native is among 16 American passengers who are quarantining in Nebraska after being on the cruise ship that is at the center of the deadly hantavirus outbreak.
AARP is sounding the alarm because it is so easy to fall for these schemes, but there are simple things everyone can do to protect themselves.
A lawsuit filed late last month took Chicago-based McDonald's to task over the McRib sandwich, calling its name a form of false advertising.
Florida insurance policyholders could be seeing some form of relief in their wallets thanks to market reforms made statewide, Gov. Ron DeSantis said.
The company said Tuesday that 85% of its retail products and "nearly all" of its school offerings are already made without "certified colors."
Less than two days after Delta Air Lines offered $30,000 to each passenger on board the flight that crashed and flipped in Toronto on Monday afternoon, the company is facing its first two lawsuits in the incident — and they likely won't be the last.
Lee Mendelson Film Productions alleges the U.S. Department of the Interior illegally used the jazzy tunes in social media posts and a video game.
"The Late Show" host Stephen Colbert is marking the end of an iconic late-night franchise on CBS.
A judge has paused the prosecution of a woman charged with the attempted murder of Rihanna while it is determined whether she is mentally competent to stand trial.
"Survivor" 48 and 50 contestant Joe Hunter believes his sister Joanna, whose death was ruled a suicide, was murdered. He and their mother are working to be Joanna's voice and advocate for others who have experienced domestic violence.
The Library of Congress revealed this year's list of 25 recordings to be preserved for future generations on the National Recording Registry.