Fire official charged with sexual assault of teen at firehouse
A suspended deputy chief with the Folcroft Fire Company is facing several charges for allegedly sexually assaulting a teenager.
Watch CBS News
Joe Holden came home to join the CBS News Philadelphia team as a general assignment reporter in May 2016. In August 2018, he became anchor of the weekend evening editions and Philly57, and in November 2022, he was named chief investigative reporter/anchor.
The Delaware County native has previously been with WPXI-TV in Pittsburgh, where he covered, among other high-profile stories, Pope Francis' visit to Philadelphia. He was also an investigative reporter for WBRE-TV in the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton market, at WVIR-TV in Charlottesville, Va., and an assignment editor at WPHL-TV in Philadelphia.
Joe has a track record of holding public officials accountable and breaking numerous stories involving political corruption and environmental issues, including stories connected to the reputed Kids for Cash scandal in Luzerne County and how public boards handled the rise of the Marcellus Shale industry in Susquehanna and Bradford counties.
Joe attended St. Laurence Parochial School in Upper Darby and Monsignor Bonner High School in Drexel Hill. He is a 2002 graduate of Cabrini College, where he was the editor in chief of the college newspaper, The Loquitur, before earning a Bachelor of Arts degree in English and communication. As a teenager, he was choir director and organist at St. Donato Parish in Overbrook and later, director of music at St. Charles Borromeo in Drexel Hill. His love of music helped pay his way through college.
Joe has three children.
Get the latest from Joe on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
A suspended deputy chief with the Folcroft Fire Company is facing several charges for allegedly sexually assaulting a teenager.
What's important about this story, nobody thinks what they did one day earlier month was anything special.
Gracie leaves behind a wife and two children. He was 86.
A Delco Police official on the plane, American flight 1154, told Eyewitness News the pilot announced there was a fuel leak.
After six decades, "The Boy in the Box" has a name: Joseph Augustus Zarelli. Here's how investigators identified him.
For 65 years, a little boy had no name, just an unmarked grave at Ivy Hill Cemetery. Until now.
Capaldi had not been seen since Oct. 10 at her home in Sellersville, Pennsylvania.
The "Boy in the Box" is named Joseph Augustus Zarelli, Philadelphia police Commissioner Danielle Outlaw told reporters.
A decades-old question was finally answered Thursday morning: Who is "The Boy in the Box?"
The identity of Philadelphia's "Boy in the Box" has been a mystery for years. But recently, DNA profiling was able to give investigators a name.
A 30-year-old man has been charged in connection to the Darby Township fire that took the life of Olivia Drasher, sources tell CBS3's Chief Investigative Reporter Joe Holden.
An alleged sexual predator who preyed upon women and terrorized a community is now linked to another Philadelphia cold case.
Police tell CBS3 Investigations they have the name of a little boy that eventually became known as "America's Unknown Child."
Police sources say the accuser reported the alleged sexual assault to a high-level member of the fire company and say that person failed to call law enforcement.
Eric Ruch was convicted in September by a jury on a charge of voluntary manslaughter in the 2017 fatal shooting of Eric Plowden Jr., an unarmed Black man.