Last Updated Oct 27, 2010 12:00 AM EDT
(Episode 608; 12 minutes 05) Does your point-of-sale (POS) system know what the weather will be like today? If not, maybe it's time for an upgrade.
POS systems have come a long way since the days of clunky cash registers that had little connection with the backend operations of a business. Today, of course, they offer a range of real-time promotional and analytical tools to help you sell more and improve customer satisfaction.
In this episode of BTalk, Kym Houden, founder and managing director of Task Retail, outlines four things your point of system should be capable of:
- real-time management
- Retailer's Joe66 Factor - Jon Bird on how we trust strangers online more than shop assistants.
- Aussie Retailers Slowly Getting a Grip on Social Media | BTalk - Aussie retailers are getting more involved in online marketing, catching up on the lead from the US and Europe.
- Prepaid Cards Are a Gift For Retailers | BTalk - How gift cards improve cash flow & lift sales
- Retail Back to Front | BTalk - Is your retail business making the most of available technology?
- Customers Who Look After Themselves | BTalk - a survey on how customers are embracing self service