Jay-Z, Sean "Diddy" Combs sexual assault lawsuit dropped by accuser
The civil lawsuit accused the rap moguls of raping a 13-year-old in 2000.
Watch CBS News
The civil lawsuit accused the rap moguls of raping a 13-year-old in 2000.
Sean "Diddy" Combs filed a motion Friday to dismiss his appeal for bail, meaning he will stay in jail until his trial on sex trafficking charges in May 2025.
Sean "Diddy" Combs has tried to reach out to prospective witnesses and sway public opinion from jail in NYC to influence potential jurors in his sex trafficking trial, prosecutors say.
Sean "Diddy" Combs filed a new request for bail on Friday, saying changed circumstances, along with new evidence, mean the hip-hop mogul should be allowed to prepare for a May trial from outside jail.
Lawyers for Sean 'Diddy' Combs have asked a New York judge to force prosecutors to disclose the names of his accusers in his sex trafficking case.
A judge in New York has set a 2025 trial date for rapper Sean "Diddy" Combs, who was arrested for sex trafficking, racketeering and conspiracy.
The mother of Sean "Diddy" Combs released a statement Sunday defending her son against the federal charges and multiple allegations of sexual misconduct he is currently facing.
"It's shocking. Our youngest victim at the time of the occurrence was nine years old," Houston-based lawyer Tony Buzbee said.
Sean "Diddy" Combs was denied bail a second time on Wednesday and he will remain in federal custody at a Brooklyn detention center.
Sean "Diddy" Combs is facing three charges, including sex trafficking, stemming from an investigation by federal authorities.
Sean "Diddy" Combs pleaded not guilty to federal charges on Tuesday after he was taken into custody in New York.
Morgan Rynor reports Sean "Diddy" Combs pleaded not guilty to federal charges on Tuesday after he was taken into custody in New York.
A Michigan judge on Monday ordered hip-hop mogul Sean "P. Diddy" Combs to pay out a $100 million judgment to a man currently in prison who claimed Combs drugged and sexually assaulted him at an afterparty in 1997.
Sean "Diddy" Combs was given a key to the city in a Times Square ceremony last year. This week, he honored a request from Mayor Eric Adams that he return it.
Howard University announced it is cutting ties to Sean "Diddy" Combs, rescinding his honorary degree and disbanding a scholarship program in his name.
April Lampros claims Sean "Diddy" Combs being forced her to take ecstasy and have sex with his girlfriend, the lawsuit says.
Crystal McKinney, a former model, accused Sean "Diddy" Combs of drugging and sexually assaulting her in New York City over 20 years ago. She filed the lawsuit under the NYC Gender Motivated Violence Act.
Hip-hop mogul Sean "Diddy" Combs posted a video on social media apologizing for his "inexcusable" behavior and that he takes "full responsibility" for his actions.
The 2016 footage, which was obtained and published by CNN, appears to show the rap mogul hitting, dragging and kicking the singer known as Cassie.
Sean "Diddy" Combs is asking a judge to dismiss a lawsuit alleging that he and two other men raped a 17-year-old girl in a New York recording studio in 2003.
Lawyers for Sean "Diddy" Combs are asking a New York court to throw out portions of a sexual assault lawsuit filed against the rapper and media mogul.
While Brendan Paul did not appear before the judge, his lawyers entered the plea on his behalf.
The video was shared by Misa Hylton, the mother of Combs' sons Justin and Christian.
Since the raids, the music mogul has been out and about.
Brendon Paul was arrested Monday at Opa-locka Executive Airport. So far Combs, who was seen pacing outside the airport, has not been charged.
Police said the registered owner of the BMW involved is not cooperating with law enforcement as of publication.
Enrique Tarrio said since President Trump announced the formation of the fund, he has been inundated with calls from others convicted for January 6 related activities.
Commissioners voted to allow the review, saying if that was the only way to move the project - designed to help people with mental illnesses caught in the criminal justice system - then so be it.
Russia used a powerful hypersonic missile that has nuclear capabilities to carry out a massive attack Sunday in Kyiv, Ukraine.
Keep an eye on the rip current risk because it will be high at the beach!
Police said the registered owner of the BMW involved is not cooperating with law enforcement as of publication.
Enrique Tarrio said since President Trump announced the formation of the fund, he has been inundated with calls from others convicted for January 6 related activities.
Commissioners voted to allow the review, saying if that was the only way to move the project - designed to help people with mental illnesses caught in the criminal justice system - then so be it.
Russia used a powerful hypersonic missile that has nuclear capabilities to carry out a massive attack Sunday in Kyiv, Ukraine.
Keep an eye on the rip current risk because it will be high at the beach!
In courtroom testimony, Shandelle Maycock recounted the harrowing night her daughter was abandoned in the Everglades, describing the horrors they endured.
A former prison guard trainee has been sentenced to death for the 2019 execution-style killings of five women inside a Florida bank.
Florida coach Billy Napier is getting a fourth season to try to get the Gators back to their winning ways.
A Florida man has filed a federal lawsuit against Jacksonville sheriff's officers who severely beat him last year after he ran from a traffic stop.
The Marion County Sheriff's deputy told authorities that he accidentally shot and killed his girlfriend while cleaning his gun.
U.S. officials and negotiators were discussing a process to reopen the Strait of Hormuz, sources briefed on the conversations said.
The talks were part of a flurry of meetings as House and Senate leaders try to meet a Tuesday deadline to complete the budget for the fiscal year that begins July 1.
The GOP senator said the meeting included "screaming," adding that "fiery does not begin to cut it."
When CIA Director John Ratcliffe visited Havana last week to meet with senior Cuban officials, he brought along one of the covert operators involved in the mission to capture Nicolás Maduro, multiple people familiar with the matter said.
A federal district judge granted Kilmar Abrego Garcia's motion to dismiss two criminal charges on the grounds his prosecution was vindictive and selective.
Enrique Tarrio said since President Trump announced the formation of the fund, he has been inundated with calls from others convicted for January 6 related activities.
Commissioners voted to allow the review, saying if that was the only way to move the project - designed to help people with mental illnesses caught in the criminal justice system - then so be it.
Enrique Tarrio was sentenced to 22 years in prison for his role in planning and orchestrating the attack on the Capitol on January 6, 2021.
The only remaining roadblock: Miami Dade County Commission Chairman Anthony Rodriguez, who has so far refused to say when – or even if – he will allow the full commission to vote on it.
A group of Miami residents, including historian Marvin Dunn, filed suit last week in federal court to block the transfer of land for the proposed library.
The head of the World Health Organization says Ebola has killed at least 7 people in Congo, but the U.N. agency says it knows the epidemic "is much larger."
WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus says risks from the Ebola outbreak in Congo and Uganda are "high at the national and regional levels, and low at the global level."
The cruise ship hit by a deadly hantavirus outbreak has docked at the Dutch port of Rotterdam for disinfection, wrapping up a troubled journey that put world health authorities on alert.
At least 80 deaths have been reported in a new Ebola disease outbreak in Congo and Uganda, authorities said.
Dr. Tracy Beth Høeg, leader of the Food and Drug Administration division responsible for regulating prescription and over-the-counter drugs, is leaving her post, a senior FDA official confirmed.
AARP is sounding the alarm because it is so easy to fall for these schemes, but there are simple things everyone can do to protect themselves.
A lawsuit filed late last month took Chicago-based McDonald's to task over the McRib sandwich, calling its name a form of false advertising.
Florida insurance policyholders could be seeing some form of relief in their wallets thanks to market reforms made statewide, Gov. Ron DeSantis said.
The company said Tuesday that 85% of its retail products and "nearly all" of its school offerings are already made without "certified colors."
Less than two days after Delta Air Lines offered $30,000 to each passenger on board the flight that crashed and flipped in Toronto on Monday afternoon, the company is facing its first two lawsuits in the incident — and they likely won't be the last.
Rob Base, the MC whose lyrics lit up the dancefloor classic "It Takes Two" and got countless people moving worldwide, passed away Friday.
Stephen Colbert hosted "The Late Show" for the final time Thursday night as the franchise came to an end after 33 years.
Lee Mendelson Film Productions alleges the U.S. Department of the Interior illegally used the jazzy tunes in social media posts and a video game.
"The Late Show" host Stephen Colbert is marking the end of an iconic late-night franchise on CBS.
A judge has paused the prosecution of a woman charged with the attempted murder of Rihanna while it is determined whether she is mentally competent to stand trial.