Israel strikes in Gaza kill at least 30 Palestinians
Hamas called Saturday's strikes "a renewed flagrant violation" and urged the United States and other mediating countries to push Israel to stop the strikes.
Watch CBS News
Hamas called Saturday's strikes "a renewed flagrant violation" and urged the United States and other mediating countries to push Israel to stop the strikes.
An Israeli airstrike killed three journalists in Gaza on Wednesday, the territory's civil defense agency said. One of those killed, Abed Shaat, had worked for years as a cameraman for CBS News and other outlets.
The U.N. Security Council has approved a U.S. plan for Gaza that authorizes an international stabilization force to provide security in the Palestinian territory.
The State Department warns that Hamas may be planning an attack on "Palestinian civilians" in the Gaza Strip.
On Wednesday, Hamas had said it had handed over all the Israeli hostage remains it had been able to recover, and extensive efforts and special equipment would be required to find the remaining bodies.
Netanyahu tells CBS News he's giving "peace a chance," but despite Trump's assertion the war is over, Israel's leader talks of change over generations.
President Trump got a standing ovation after addressing Israeli lawmakers following Hamas' release of all living hostages under the Gaza peace deal.
As Israel and Hamas implement the first phase of a Gaza peace plan, questions remain unanswered over what comes next.
The plan called for Hamas to return all Israeli hostages and for the Israeli military to begin withdrawing from parts of the Gaza Strip in phases.
The IPC, a global body that monitors hunger crises, says 22 months of war in Gaza have left half a million people facing "starvation, destitution and death." Israel calls it "lies."
Protesters in Israel escalated their ongoing campaign on Sunday to secure the release of hostages held in Gaza.
For months, the U.N. and experts have warned that Palestinians in Gaza are at risk of famine, with reports of increasing numbers of people dying from causes related to malnutrition.
At least 85 Palestinians were killed while seeking aid in one of the deadliest days for aid-seekers since the war began, Gaza's Health Ministry said.
Palestinian-American Saifullah Kamel Musallet, 20, was visiting family in the West Bank when he was beaten to death by Israeli settlers, his family told CBS News.
The controversial Gaza Humanitarian Foundation said, without providing proof, that Hamas had attacked an aid site.
Israel drops all war-time restrictions, freeing people to return to their lives under a ceasefire with Iran, but uncertainty over the impact of 12 days of war leaves room for anxiety.
An aid boat carrying Greta Thunberg and other activists was intercepted by Israeli forces en route to Gaza and arrived at an Israeli port on Monday. Turkey calls it an illegal and "heinous attack."
The overall toll of 52,243 includes nearly 700 bodies for which the documentation process was recently completed, the Hamas-run health ministry said in its latest update.
The Israeli military backtracked on its account of killing 15 Palestinian medics last month after phone video appeared to contradict its claims.
Israel has reportedly killed 500 people with its renewed assault in Gaza, as its threats to Palestinian civilians take on an increasingly menacing tone.
The air strike comes just before talks on the future of the truce are set to begin again this week.
President Trump issued a "last warning" to Hamas to release all hostages it still holds even as the White House confirmed unprecedented direct U.S.-Hamas talks.
Hundreds of aid trucks have entered Gaza daily since the ceasefire began on Jan. 19, and it was unclear what the immediate impact of the aid cutoff would be.
Israel says it will send negotiators, Hamas says it's ready to talk after Trump's envoy voices optimism that the Gaza ceasefire "will get to stage two."
Six living hostages — including two who were held in Gaza for a decade — were released by Hamas Saturday.
In just a few years, the series has logged 80 million views with a worldwide audience and has helped the city's YouTube channel reach 100,000 subscribers.
It has been nearly three weeks since the airline shut down operations, and hundreds of employees say they are still waiting for their last paycheck.
Elie Dorcius, 62, faces charges of molestation and indecent exposure. He went before a judge on Wednesday and was ordered held without bond.
The Department of Homeland Security is set to implement new entry restrictions beginning Thursday for foreign travelers coming to the U.S. from countries at the center of the latest Ebola outbreak.
The train was empty when it slammed into the SUV. It was heading to the rail yard in Hialeah.
In just a few years, the series has logged 80 million views with a worldwide audience and has helped the city's YouTube channel reach 100,000 subscribers.
It has been nearly three weeks since the airline shut down operations, and hundreds of employees say they are still waiting for their last paycheck.
Former Cuban leader Raúl Castro was indicted by a U.S. grand jury in connection with the Cuban military's fatal downing of two planes in 1996 — an escalation in the U.S. pressure campaign against the Cuban government.
Elie Dorcius, 62, faces charges of molestation and indecent exposure. He went before a judge on Wednesday and was ordered held without bond.
The Department of Homeland Security is set to implement new entry restrictions beginning Thursday for foreign travelers coming to the U.S. from countries at the center of the latest Ebola outbreak.
In courtroom testimony, Shandelle Maycock recounted the harrowing night her daughter was abandoned in the Everglades, describing the horrors they endured.
A former prison guard trainee has been sentenced to death for the 2019 execution-style killings of five women inside a Florida bank.
Florida coach Billy Napier is getting a fourth season to try to get the Gators back to their winning ways.
A Florida man has filed a federal lawsuit against Jacksonville sheriff's officers who severely beat him last year after he ran from a traffic stop.
The Marion County Sheriff's deputy told authorities that he accidentally shot and killed his girlfriend while cleaning his gun.
The Department of Homeland Security is set to implement new entry restrictions beginning Thursday for foreign travelers coming to the U.S. from countries at the center of the latest Ebola outbreak.
These kinds of intelligence forecasts attempt not only to show the immediate consequences of an American action, but the chain of reactions that may follow.
Former CIA Director John Brennan is the subject of two criminal probes being led by the Miami-area U.S. Attorney's Office.
Former Cuban leader Raúl Castro was indicted by a U.S. grand jury in connection with the Cuban military's fatal downing of two planes in 1996 — an escalation in the U.S. pressure campaign against the Cuban government.
Raúl Castro and five others have been indicted by a U.S. grand jury in Florida, according to court filings made public Wednesday.
The only remaining roadblock: Miami Dade County Commission Chairman Anthony Rodriguez, who has so far refused to say when – or even if – he will allow the full commission to vote on it.
A group of Miami residents, including historian Marvin Dunn, filed suit last week in federal court to block the transfer of land for the proposed library.
CBS News Miami has confirmed from multiple sources that the Miami Dade State Attorney's office is investigating A3.
State Senator Rosalind Osgood is urging Wasserman Schultz not to run in Florida's 22nd Congressional district.
In an interview on Facing South Florida, Wasserman Schultz said the Governor's efforts to redraw the maps will almost certainly violate the Fair Districts constitutional amendment voters in Florida passed in 2010.
WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus says risks from the Ebola outbreak in Congo and Uganda are "high at the national and regional levels, and low at the global level."
The cruise ship hit by a deadly hantavirus outbreak has docked at the Dutch port of Rotterdam for disinfection, wrapping up a troubled journey that put world health authorities on alert.
At least 80 deaths have been reported in a new Ebola disease outbreak in Congo and Uganda, authorities said.
Dr. Tracy Beth Høeg, leader of the Food and Drug Administration division responsible for regulating prescription and over-the-counter drugs, is leaving her post, a senior FDA official confirmed.
A New York native is among 16 American passengers who are quarantining in Nebraska after being on the cruise ship that is at the center of the deadly hantavirus outbreak.
AARP is sounding the alarm because it is so easy to fall for these schemes, but there are simple things everyone can do to protect themselves.
A lawsuit filed late last month took Chicago-based McDonald's to task over the McRib sandwich, calling its name a form of false advertising.
Florida insurance policyholders could be seeing some form of relief in their wallets thanks to market reforms made statewide, Gov. Ron DeSantis said.
The company said Tuesday that 85% of its retail products and "nearly all" of its school offerings are already made without "certified colors."
Less than two days after Delta Air Lines offered $30,000 to each passenger on board the flight that crashed and flipped in Toronto on Monday afternoon, the company is facing its first two lawsuits in the incident — and they likely won't be the last.
A judge has paused the prosecution of a woman charged with the attempted murder of Rihanna while it is determined whether she is mentally competent to stand trial.
"Survivor" 48 and 50 contestant Joe Hunter believes his sister Joanna, whose death was ruled a suicide, was murdered. He and their mother are working to be Joanna's voice and advocate for others who have experienced domestic violence.
The Library of Congress revealed this year's list of 25 recordings to be preserved for future generations on the National Recording Registry.
"The Devil Wears Prada 2" edges out "Mortal Kombat II" at the North American box office this weekend.
A trial in the lawsuit between Blake Lively and Justin Baldoni was set to begin later in May.