Watch CBS News

Palestine

cbsn-fusion-israeli-war-cabinet-divided-on-iran-counterattack-thumbnail-2839833-640x360.jpg

Israeli war cabinet divided on counterattack

Israel's military chief has vowed his country will respond to Iran's attack over the weekend, but did not elaborate on how or when. CBS News has learned that during a phone call Saturday, President Biden urged Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to "think carefully and strategically about the risks of escalation" and said the U.S. would not participate in a counter-strike on Iran. CBS News foreign correspondent Imtiaz Tyab has more on the deliberations in Israel about what happens next.

cbsn-fusion-israel-vows-to-exact-a-price-after-iran-attack-thumbnail-2837049-640x360.jpg

Israel vows retaliation after Iran attack

Israel is vowing a response after Iran launched an unprecedented attack against Israel over the weekend. According to Israel's military, 99% of the more than 300 Iranian drones and missiles were intercepted. President Biden said the U.S. will not participate in any retaliatory strike. CBS News foreign correspondent Debora Patta has more on the situation in the Middle East. Charles Faint, deputy editorial director for the Modern War Institute at West Point, also joined CBS News to discuss what could happen next in the region.

cbsn-fusion-fears-growing-of-iranian-attack-on-israel-idf-strike-kills-children-of-hamas-leader-thumbnail-2828762-640x360.jpg

Fears growing of Iranian attack on Israel

President Biden on Wednesday reiterated the United States' "ironclad" support for Israel as concerns flourish over a potential attack on Israel from Iran over a strike on the Iranian consulate in Damascus, Syria, earlier this month. Israel's foreign minister is warning his country would strike Iran directly if Iran were to attack from its territory. Meanwhile, Hamas said three sons and four grandchildren of one of the group's senior leaders were killed in an Israeli airstrike. CBS News' Debora Patta and Robert Berger have more.

cbsn-fusion-netanyahu-says-date-has-been-set-for-israeli-ground-offensive-in-rafah-thumbnail-2822334-640x360.jpg

Netanyahu says date set for Rafah offensive

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is vowing to move forward with the IDF ground offensive in Rafah that the U.S. and other allies have been urging Israel to avoid. In a new statement, Netanyahu said his forces had set a date for the offensive. CBS News senior foreign correspondent Holly Williams has more on the current situation in Gaza and Sebastian Usher, Middle East analyst for BBC News, joined CBS News to discuss Netanyahu's latest statement.

Show More
View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.