NEW YORK (WFAN) -- Jets fans, get ready for another season with Santonio Holmes at wide receiver.
Hopefully without the drama.
According to the New York Post, a guarantee kicked in Wednesday on more than half of Holmes' $11 million salary for 2013 ($7.5 million).
Add that to the $7.75 million already guaranteed for 2012, and the Jets are essentially on the hook for at least $15.25 million over the next two years. The Jets have said publicly that they plan to retain the embattled 27-year-old wideout.
Several New York players have spoken out about about the toxicity in the Jets' locker room, particularly the relationship between Holmes and quarterback Mark Sanchez.
Running back LaDainian Tomlinson said the turmoil was the worst he'd ever seen, something that Jets coach Rex Ryan disagreed with.
"I think it was an isolated incident" Ryan told WFAN's Mike Francesa last month. "I don't think it was pervasive throughout the locker room."
Holmes, who celebrated his new five-year, $45 million contract with the Jets last summer by tweeting a photo of himself chugging a bottle of champagne, was benched in the final minutes against the Dolphins in Week 17.
Ryan said Holmes and Sanchez will get together this offseason to work on their rocky relationship.
"I need to be more involved," Ryan told Francesa. "More hands-on."
Holmes had 51 receptions for 654 yards and eight touchdowns in 2011. In his first year with the Jets (2010), Holmes hauled in 52 passes for 746 yards and six touchdowns.
Money aside, do you think Holmes deserves another chance with the Jets? Sound off below...
for more features.