Man Charged In New Year's Eve Morning Beating In Greenburgh
8/4/16 UPDATE: Charges against Mr. Nesser were dismissed by the Greenburgh Town Court on 7/22/16.
GREENBURGH, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) -- A suspect has been arrested and charged with beating a man in the head in a parking lot following a New Year's Eve party this year in Westchester County.
Around 1:10 a.m. New Year's Day morning, Greenburgh police were called to the Royal Palace restaurant, at 77 Knollwood Rd. in Greenburgh, and found the 39-year-old man who had suffered head trauma after being beaten in the head several times with an unspecified blunt instrument, police said.
Police learned the victim had attended a New Year's Eve party at the restaurant, and had been attacked by at least two men after leaving, police said.
The victim was hospitalized following the assault, police said.
On Friday, a suspect surrendered to police in the case. Elwood Nesser, 27, of Redding, Connecticut, was charged with second-degree assault, police said.
He was released on $25,000 bail following an arraignment Friday before Judge Delores Braithwaite in Greenburgh Town Court, police said.
Police did not indicate whether other suspects were still being sought.