NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) -- Former International Monetary Fund chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn has asked a New York judge to dismiss the civil lawsuit filed by the maid who accused him of sexual assault in May.
Lawyers for Strauss-Kahn filed the motion in the Bronx late Monday. They argued Strauss-Kahn is immune from a civil suit under international law.
In August, a Manhattan judge dropped sexual assault charges against Strauss-Kahn amid concerns about his accuser's credibility.
Former Sofitel hotel housekeeper Nafissatou Diallo then filed a civil suit in the Bronx, where she lives.
Strauss-Kahn returned to France last month after the charges were dropped. He recently called his encounter with Diallo a "moral failing."
"What happened does not include violence, no force, no aggression, nor any unlawful act. It is the prosecutor who says this, not me. What happened is not only an inappropriate relationship but, more than that, an error," Strauss-Kahn told a French television station.
Do you think the civil suit against DSK will be dropped? Tell us in the comments section below...
for more features.