The continuing controversy surrounding former Baltimore Raven Ray Rice put the problem of domestic violence front and center this past week.
- Did Ray Rice get off too easily with anger management counseling? ("CBS Evening News," 09/12/14)
- Why isn't Ray Rice facing a criminal trial? (CBS News, 09/10/14)
- Roger Goodell: We didn't see full Ray Rice video ("CBS This Morning," 09/10/14)
- Ray Rice's wife defends player, blasts media (09/09/14)
- Ray Rice cut by Baltimore Ravens after damning video emerges (09/09/14)
- Ray Rice scandal: How people are reacting (09/08/14)
Which prompted us to take a look at the numbers . . . and the numbers we found are disturbing indeed.
According to the American Psychological Association:
More than one woman out of three in this country has experienced rape, physical violence, and/or stalking by an intimate partner during their lifetime.
One in five female high school students reports being physically or sexually abused by a date.
And consider this:
On average, every day, more than three women are murdered by their husbands or boyfriends.
For more info: