Watch CBS News

Tangletown home uninhabitable after overnight fire in Minneapolis

WCCO digital update: Morning of April 16, 2024
WCCO digital update: Morning of April 16, 2024 02:26

MINNEAPOLIS — A Minneapolis home is uninhabitable after a fire overnight Tuesday in the city's Tangletown neighborhood.

The Minneapolis Fire Department says crews arrived at the home on Valleyview Place just before 1 a.m. to find fire pouring from the chimney and roofline. The home's residents had already escaped.

Crews found and extinguished fire in the home's attic and the second floor's ceiling and walls. Instability in the home's chimney and rooftop solar panels was an added hazard for firefighters.  

MORE NEWS: Masu Sushi and Robata in Minneapolis closed after vent fire damages building


No one was hurt, and the fire department is investigating.

Hours later, crews were called to a reported fire in a detached garage about five miles northeast in the Hiawatha neighborhood.

The garage, located a few blocks west of the Mississippi River off East 41st Street and 46th Avenue South, ended up collapsing. No injuries were reported in that fire as well.

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.