MAHOPAC, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) -- A 15-year-old Westchester County boy got an unwelcome surprise this week while eating a piece of toast, according to a published report.
The Mahopac boy found a hypodermic needle while eating the toast, which was made from a loaf of Bimbo white bread, New York State police told The Journal News.
The boy's mother contacted police, who also referred the matter to the Westchester County Department of Health and the Consumer Product Tampering database, the newspaper reported.
The bread had been purchased two days earlier at a Stop & Shop store on Route 6, the newspaper reported. The store and Bimbo Bakeries have been contacted, the paper reported.
State police did not immediately have any comment when contacted by CBS 2.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories
for more features.