Verizon Worker Electrocuted On The Job In Brownsville
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) -- A Verizon worker was electrocuted while working in Brooklyn Wednesday.
1010 WINS' Al Jones reports that shortly before noon the worker was threading FiOS cable through tree branches at Christopher and New Lotts Avenues in Brownsville when he got tangled up in a power line.
1010 WINS' Al Jones with witnesses
Leonard McCleod, who lives near the scene, said he heard screaming.
"It is a horrible thing to leave to come to work in the morning and never know that you're not coming back," he said. "It's a tragedy."
A witness said he saw sparks and then the worker caught fire.
Verizon crew members brought the lift bucket down and extinguished the fire, but the worker was pronounced dead at the scene.
The incident is under investigation.
for more features.