ROCKVILLE CENTRE, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) - On Long Island, an entire neighborhood came together to celebrate a 5-year-old leukemia survivor.
A parade of vehicles full of family and friends drove by Aiden Schaeffer's house in Rockville Centre Sunday afternoon.
The little boy just had a final spinal tap, which officially ended his leukemia treatments after a three year battle.
Aiden's family had planned a celebration, but it had to be canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Resources, Hotlines, Unemployment & Covering Bills
- Remote Learning Tools For Parents Teaching At Home
- Ask Dr. Max Your Health Questions
- How To Avoid Psychological Isolation
- Talking To Your Kids About Anxiety
- Make Your Own Hand Sanitizer
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage
for more features.