The Department of Education said Wednesday students and staff who test positive will have to isolate for five days, instead of 10.
They can return if they do not have a fever for 24 hours, without using medication, and they must wear a mask in class for five days.
Unvaccinated students exposed to COVID must quarantine for at least five days, instead of 10, and wear a mask for five days in school.
- Complete COVID Vaccine Coverage
- Vaccination Sites In New York City | Call 877-VAX-4NYC
- Track NYC Vaccinations By Zip Code
- Find NYC Testing Site Near You
- Check NYC Testing Wait Times
- CDC's COVID Vaccine FAQ
- CDC's COVID Tracking Map By County
- Resources: Help With Unemployment, Hunger, Mental Health & More
- Remote Learning Tools For Students And Parents At Home
Editor's note: This story first appeared on Jan. 26.
for more features.