NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) -- A New York City Council oversight hearing will be held Wednesday on the city's mandatory vaccination rules for teachers and education staff.
Committee members will also consider two bills requiring the regular posting of information, including weekly reports on COVID cases broken down by school.
The hearing comes as New York State's coronavirus vaccine mandate expands to include health care workers at the Department of Mental Health and workers at the Office for People with Developmental Disabilities.
Employees must receive at least one dose of the vaccine by November 1 to keep their jobs. In the meantime, weekly testing for unvaccinated workers starts October 12.
- New York State book online here or call 1-833-NYS-4-VAX
- New York City book online here or call 877-VAX-4NYC
- Track NYC vaccinations by zip code
- Nassau County more info here
- Suffolk County more info here
- Westchester County more info here
- New Jersey book online here or call 1-855-568-0545
- Connecticut book online here
for more features.