NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) -- New York City beaches open for swimming Wednesday.
Lifeguards will be on duty, with masks and social distancing rules in place.
Additionally, 15 of the city's 53 pools are slated open by Aug. 1.
That includes pools in all five boroughs:
- Bronx: Crotona, Mullaly, Haffen
- Brooklyn: Sunset, Betsy Head, K-Pool
- Manhattan: Hamilton Fish, Jackie Robinson, Wagner, Marcus Garvey
- Queens: Astoria, Liberty, Fisher
- Staten Island: Lyons, Tottenville
The opening was delayed due to the coronavirus pandemic and the city's budget crisis.
The Parks Department said Mayor Bill de Blasio agreed to restore money to hire lifeguards.
for more features.