Watch CBS News

Singer Chris Brown Out On $250,000 Bail Following Standoff With Police

LOS ANGELES (CBSNewYork/AP) -- Singer Chris Brown has been bailed out of jail.

Los Angeles County jail records show he was released late Tuesday night after posting $250,000.

He was arrested hours earlier on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon after a woman called for help from a gathering at his home.

The arrest marked the conclusion of nearly 14-hour-long stand-off with police.

Around 3 a.m., officers received a call for help from a woman standing outside of Brown's residence, located in the 5000 block of Corbin Avenue in Tarzana, according to the Los Angeles Police Department, CBS Los Angeles reported.

"We have a woman who called for help around 3 o'clock this morning. Patrol officers responded. They got her, they talked with her a little bit," Ramirez said.

Brown allegedly pulled a gun on the woman. It was also reported someone threw a duffel bag filled with weapons and drugs out of Brown's home, Lopez reported.

Police responded to the scene and surrounded the multi-million dollar mansion, urging Brown to speak with authorities about the incident.

Brown went on a profanity-laced tirade on Instagram, saying, "Barricaded myself in my house? Have you seen my house? I'm gonna barricade myself in a palace?"

Brown also called the police idiots and "the worst gang in the world."

The woman was not identified and police didn't elaborate on the assistance she needed. However, model Baylee Curran told the Los Angeles Times that Brown pointed a gun at her face.

Brown later posted messages on social media proclaiming his innocence.

The Grammy-winning singer has had multiple run-ins with law enforcement. He spent six years on probation after pleading guilty to attacking his then-girlfriend Rihanna in 2009.

After several missteps, Brown completed his probation last year in the case involving Rihanna.

In 2013, Brown struck a man outside a Washington, D.C., hotel and was charged with misdemeanor assault. The singer was ordered into rehab but was dismissed from the facility for violating its rules.

He spent 2 1/2 months in custody, with U.S. marshals shuttling him between Los Angeles and the nation's capital for court hearings.

In another incident while in treatment, Brown was accused of throwing a brick at his mother's car following a counseling session. It came after Brown had completed court-ordered anger management classes.

(TM and © Copyright 2016 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2016 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.