Watch CBS News

3 elementary school students in Yonkers hospitalized after eating edible marijuana

Yonkers students sickened after eating edible marijuana 00:25

NEW YORK - Yonkers Police indicate no charges will be filed after three elementary students accidentally ate edible marijuana and had to be taken to the hospital. 

Authorities say a student at the Patricia DiChiaro Elementary School thought it was chocolate and shared it with two friends on Tuesday. 

They soon felt nauseous. 

Police say they're handling the incident as an accident since New York decriminalized marijuana possession, and that adults need to be responsible with any substances that should be kept away from children. 

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.