NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) -- The Yankees and Mets released their 2018 schedules Tuesday.
The Yankees, who are in the thick of a playoff race this year, will open next season with a four-game series at Toronto on March 29-April 1. The Bronx Bombers' home opener will be April 2 against the Tampa Bay Rays.
Some other highlights on the Yankees' schedule:
• They'll face the Red Sox at Fenway Park on April 10-12, Aug. 2-5 and Sept. 28-30 to close out the regular season. The Sox will visit Yankee Stadium on May 8-10, June 28-July 1 and Sept. 18-20.
• The Yankees will face a murderer's row of a schedule to begin May -- at Houston, home vs. Cleveland, home vs. the Red Sox. All three teams currently lead their divisions.
• Instead of splitting a four-game Subway Series between Yankee Stadium and Citi Field, as they've done the past two years, the Bombers will visit the Mets for a three game series June 8-10 and then host their crosstown rivals July 20-22.
• The Bombers will host the Washington Nationals for a two-game series June 12-13, a showdown that is sure to shine a spotlight on the future of Bryce Harper, a free agent after the 2018 season whom many Yankees fans would love to see in pinstripes.
• The Yankees will play at home on Mother's Day (A's), Father's Day (Rays) and the Fourth of July (Braves).
To view the full schedule, visit https://www.mlb.com/yankees/schedule/2018-05.
As for the Mets, who are 63-80 this season, they'll open their schedule March 29 at Citi Field against the Cardinals and play their first six games at home.
• They'll visit the NL East champion Nationals on April 5-8, July 31-Aug. 1 and Sept. 20-23, and Daniel Murphy & Company will play at Citi Field on April 16-18, July 13-15 and Aug. 24-26.
• The Mets close out the season with a three-game home series against the Marlins.
To view the Mets' full schedule, visit https://www.mlb.com/mets/schedule/2018-05.
In a departure from recent years, all 30 teams will be in action on the first day of the season, March 29.
for more features.