USNS Comfort Departs After Month Of Helping Treat Patients
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – The USNS Comfort has left New York City, exactly one month after its arrival.
The 1,000-bed hospital ship pushed off from Pier 90 on the West Side on Thursday afternoon as first responders cheered and saluted.
MORE: 'We Hope We've Brought A Little Bit Of Comfort': As USNS Comfort Prepares To Depart, Javits Center Continues To Treat Coronavirus Patients
The Naval hospital ship first arrived on March 30.
It was originally sent to care for patients without COVID-19, but it started accepting coronavirus patients a week later.
- Resources, Hotlines, Unemployment & Covering Bills
- Remote Learning Tools For Parents Teaching At Home
- Ask Dr. Max Your Health Questions
- How Make Your Own DIY Face Mask
- How To Safely Remove Disposable Gloves
- Tips For Parents To Help Kids Cope
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage
It treated a total of 182 people.
All of the patients have now been discharged or transferred.
The Comfort is scheduled to return to Norfolk, Virginia. It will be disinfected and restocked for its next mission.
for more features.