Faculty, students and staff will all be tested.
Following initial testing, at least 25% of each school's population will be tested weekly until they are no longer red or orange zones.
Schools in yellow zones will have to test 20% of the population.
The positivity rate must be 2% or lower for New York City schools to be open and 3% outside the city.
- Tri-State Coronavirus Travel Advisory Quarantine List
- Resources, Hotlines, Unemployment & Covering Bills
- Remote Learning Tools For Parents Teaching At Home
- CBS2's Dr. Max Answers Your Health Questions
- What To Do If Someone Isn't Social Distancing Or Wearing A Mask?
- Expert: Parents Be Mindful Of Children's Stress After Months Of Isolation
- Chopper 2 Over Empty NYC Streets, Landmarks
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage
Friday, Mayor Bill de Blasio reported 514 new COVID-19 cases.
He says the city's infection rate now stands at 1.57%.
MORE FROM CBS NEW YORK
- Stimulus Package Update: Why Testing Language Is Holding Up Checks
- Police: Man Dies After Being Set On Fire In The Middle Of Brooklyn Street
- New York State Lawmakers Consider Bill To Extend Paid Family Leave To Parents With Children In Remote Leaning
You can get the latest news, sports and weather on our brand new CBS New York app. Download here.
for more features.