Watch CBS News

New Jersey Poison Control Center Warns Parents, Pet Owners To Keep An Eye Out For Poisonous Wild Mushrooms

TRENTON, N.J. (CBSNewYork) -- The New Jersey Poison Control Center has issued a warning about poisonous mushrooms.

The center says the current wet weather creates the growth of dangerous wild mushrooms each year.

Officials say parents should keep a close eye on dogs and children when around wild mushrooms.

Ingestion can cause vomiting, dehydration and organ damage.

EMERGENCY COMPONENT - LOCAL

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.