Health care workers have until Jan. 27 to get their first shots, and submit proof that they are up to date with their vaccination until Feb. 28 to be fully vaccinated.
Others in high-risk settings, including correctional facilities, must get their first dose by Feb. 16 and their second by March 30.
WATCH: Gov. Murphy Announces Vaccine And Booster Mandate
"The science tells us that it's no longer good enough to just receive your primary series, as being boosted is necessary to protect yourself and those around you," Murphy said Wednesday. "Therefore, everyone who works in these settings is now also required to get their booster."
Worker who are newly eligible for a booster after the Feb. 28 and March 30 deadlines will need to submit proof of their booster shot within three weeks of becoming eligible. They will also be required to twice weekly testing until they provide proof they are up to date with their vaccinations.
The governor said there will be no testing option, and workers who do not comply could face termination.
- New York State book online here or call 1-833-NYS-4-VAX
- New York City book online here or call 877-VAX-4NYC
- Track NYC vaccinations by zip code
- Nassau County more info here
- Suffolk County more info here
- Westchester County more info here
- New Jersey book online here or call 1-855-568-0545
- Connecticut book online here
Editor's note: This story was first published Jan. 19.
for more features.