TRENTON, N.J. (CBSNewYork) - New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy delivered his third State of the State address Tuesday.
In the speech, Murphy focused on health, and wealth.
"Although deeply wounded, we enter 2021 tougher than ever, wiser than before, and ready to move forward together," Murphy said.
As CBS2's Meg Baker reports, the governor highlighted accomplishments he says got us through the pandemic.
"Raising the minimum wage, passing earned sick leave, and expanding paid family and medical leave," he said.
WATCH: Gov. Phil Murphy Delivers State Of The State Address
Plus the millionaires tax, expanding pre-K education and making community college tuition free for thousands.
- Ask CBS2's Dr. Max Your Vaccine Questions
- COVID Vaccine FAQ From CDC
- Vaccination Sites In New York City | Call 877-VAX-4NYC
- Find A New York City Testing Site Near You
- Check NYC Testing Wait Times
- Explanation Of N.Y.'s Yellow, Orange, Red Zones (.pdf)
- Resources: Help With Unemployment, Hunger, Mental Health & More
- Remote Learning Tools For Students And Parents At Home
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage
Political expert Jeanette Hoffman says the governor's focus for 2021 needs to be on the economy.
"Three in every 10 New Jersey small businesses have closed during this past pandemic," Hoffman said.
The governor introduced a recovery plan that offers grants or loans to small businesses and startups too.
The other top of mind topic? The COVID vaccine rollout.
COVID VACCINE: New York State book online here or call 1-833-NYS-4-VAX | New York City book online here or call 877-VAX-4NYC | New Jersey book online here | Connecticut book online here | Nassau County more info here |Suffolk County more info here | Westchester County more info here
"Six vaccine mega-sites are opening across the state, and vaccinations will be available in hundreds more places statewide," he said.
As people get back to work, the governor says residents will find NJ TRANSIT more reliable.
Political expert Jim McQueeny says with President-elect Joe Biden taking office, there is hope for the Gateway Tunnel project.
"We have a friend right now in Washington," McQueeny said.
The governor also remains focused on creating a 100% clean energy economy by 2050, making the Garden State the nation's offshore wind-energy leader, while creating thousands of jobs.
Republican leadership responded to Murphy's address claiming the lack of transparency from the administration has led to despair on the part of New Jerseyans. They say the people need to hear the governor's reopening strategies for schools and downtowns and clarity on a schedule for vaccinations.
MORE FROM CBS NEW YORK
- FBI Warns Of Potential Violence In All 50 States If President Trump Is Removed From Office
- COVID Vaccine: Frustration, Confusion Surround NYC's Online Appointment Process As State Enters Phase 1B
- Only On CBS2: Illegal Parties Continue To Rage Across NYC In Violation Of COVID-19 Restrictions
Meg Baker contributed to this report.
for more features.