Nassau County Distributing 20,000 At-Home COVID Test Kits At Mitchel Field In Uniondale
UNIONDALE, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) -- With a spike in positive COVID cases, Nassau County has announced plans to increase access to testing.
County officials say they'll distribute 20,000 at-home COVID test kits.
A drive-up distribution site at Mitchel Field Athletic Center in Uniondale is open until 2 p.m.
Residents will receive up to three free kits per car on a first come, first served basis.
Health officials hope access to testing will help people make informed choices.
"If you know you're positive, just stay home. Do no spread this to other people. The timing of this, right before New Year's Eve, should help people avoid a situation where they're potentially contagious and they go to an event and spread it to their loved ones," said Nassau County Health Commissioner Dr. Lawrence Eisenstein.
- New York State book online here or call 1-833-NYS-4-VAX
- New York City book online here or call 877-VAX-4NYC
- Track NYC vaccinations by zip code
- Nassau County more info here
- Suffolk County more info here
- Westchester County more info here
- New Jersey book online here or call 1-855-568-0545
- Connecticut book online here
The county is also partnering with Northwell Health to offer free PCR testing at Christopher Morley Park in Roslyn.
Appointments are available Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
for more features.