NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) -- The Food and Drug Administration has issued a warning letter to Midwestern Pet Foods after its dog food was linked to hundreds of deaths and illnesses.
The agency says more than 130 dogs may have died and another 200 may have gotten sick after eating contaminated food made by the manufacturer.
It says toxic mold was found in SPORTMiX and other brands made by the company.
The letter sent Tuesday gives Midwestern 15 days to fix violations found during inspections.
To read the full letter, click here.
for more features.