Their focus is specifically in Lakewood, where the positivity rate is now 27%.
- Tri-State Coronavirus Travel Advisory Quarantine List
- Resources, Hotlines, Unemployment & Covering Bills
- Remote Learning Tools For Parents Teaching At Home
- CBS2's Dr. Max Answers Your Health Questions
- What To Do If Someone Isn't Social Distancing Or Wearing A Mask?
- Expert: Parents Be Mindful Of Children's Stress After Months Of Isolation
- Chopper 2 Over Empty NYC Streets, Landmarks
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage
"We are working closely with the Lakewood community and religious leaders to increase our testing at the federally qualified health centers in the region and to promote safeguarding initiatives throughout the town," New Jersey Health Commissioner Judy Persichilli said.
State health officials say they will visit the area this week to further assess the situation.
The statewide average daily positivity rate is 3%.
You can get the latest news, sports and weather on our brand new CBS New York app. Download here.
for more features.