Report: Jason Pierre-Paul Agrees To Re-Sign With Giants
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – JPP will reportedly remain a Giant.
The Giants and free agent defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul have agreed to terms on a one-year contract, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported. Jason Pierre-Paul's salary was not disclosed, but the report said he turned down more money from other teams.
The free agency negotiating period began Monday. Teams cannot announce any deals until 4 p.m. Wednesday.
Pierre-Paul, 27, missed eight games last season after the July 4 fireworks accident that cost him his index finger and the tip of his thumb. Despite that Pierre-Paul registered just one sack, new Giants coach Ben McAdoo said last month he wanted to bring him back.
"It was obvious when Jason came back last year how disruptive he was without playing football for a long time," McAdoo said. "Just coming in and having a couple weeks to get his feet underneath him, being able to go out and be disruptive as a pass rusher, I just think when you look at him and his ability to get off the ball and get after the quarterback, it's easy to see. And that's something that comes natural for him. You don't think that's going to change anytime soon? I don't either."
In his first five seasons with the Giants, Pierre-Paul, a former first-round draft pick, racked up 42 sacks and was selected to the Pro Bowl in 2011 and 2012.
for more features.