He says the positivity rates in Brooklyn and Queens, and in Rockland and Orange counties were all down this week.
- Tri-State Coronavirus Travel Advisory Quarantine List
- Resources, Hotlines, Unemployment & Covering Bills
- Remote Learning Tools For Parents Teaching At Home
- CBS2's Dr. Max Answers Your Health Questions
- What To Do If Someone Isn't Social Distancing Or Wearing A Mask?
- Expert: Parents Be Mindful Of Children's Stress After Months Of Isolation
- Chopper 2 Over Empty NYC Streets, Landmarks
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage
Cuomo said the rate in these so-called micro-clusters is 3.18%.
The rest of the state, excluding those areas, is at 1.06%.
"That is great news. It says the focus works, and it says we can get the positivity under control," Cuomo said.
Last week, the governor eased restrictions in some areas, allowing businesses and schools in Queens and parts of Brooklyn to reopen.
MORE FROM CBS NEW YORK
- Stimulus Package Update: While Politicians Negotiate, Economic Damage Continues
- NYPD Investigating Videos Appearing To Show On-Duty Officer Shout 'Trump 2020' Into Marked Car's Loudspeaker
- Out-Of-State College Student Dies After Being Struck By Stray Bullet Outside Airbnb In Brooklyn
You can get the latest news, sports and weather on our brand new CBS New York app. Download here.
for more features.