Comprehensive Guide To Phase 2 Reopening In New York City
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) - New York City has entered Phase 2 reopening after shutting down due to the coronavirus pandemic.
So what's reopening? Keep in mind, all of these are subject to new rules and regulations to preserve social distancing and minimize the spread of COVID-19.
- In-store shopping (with 50% maximum occupancy, keep six feet apart, face coverings required)
- Barbershops and hair salons (similar restrictions and other safety measures)
- Restaurants can offer outdoor dining (customers and employees have to wear masks if they're within six feet of each other)
- Real estate, including in-person showings (face coverings required, showings only of vacant or unoccupied units)
- Car dealerships
- Commercial building management
PHOTOS: New York City Enters Phase 2 Reopening
WATCH LIVE: Mayor De Blasio Discusses Phase 2 Reopening
Here are the official guidelines from New York City on separate businesses, as published by the city on June 21.
- Commercial Building Management (.pdf)
- Essential and Phase 2 In-Store Retail Businesses (.pdf)
- Hair Salons and Barbershops (.pdf)
- Offices (.pdf)
- Outdoor and Take-Out and Delivery Food Services (.pdf)
- Real Estate Services (.pdf)
- Retail Rental, Repair and Cleaning Activities (.pdf)
- Vehicles Sales, Lease and Rental Companies (.pdf)
For more information about Phase 2 reopening across New York state, click here.
CORONAVIRUS: NY Health Dept. | NY Call 1-(888)-364-3065 | NYC Health Dept. | NYC Call 311, Text COVID to 692692 | NJ COVID-19 Info Hub | NJ Call 1-(800)-222-1222 or 211, Text NJCOVID to 898211 | CT Health Dept. | CT Call 211 | Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
for more features.