2 Men Wanted In String Of Burglaries In Williamsburg And Greenpoint
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) -- Police on Wednesday asked the public for help in finding two men wanted in connection with a dozen burglaries in the Williamsburg and Greenpoint sections of Brooklyn.
In all the cases, the suspects forced their way into businesses right at the street level doors, took unknown amounts of cash from the registers, and fled in a minivan, police said.
They are believed to be have burglarized:
• Connie's, 158 Norman Ave., between 4 a.m. and 10 a.m. on June 18;
• Mrs. Kim's, 150 Franklin St., between 3 a.m. and 6:30 a.m. June 28;
• TBD Bar, 224 Franklin St., around 3:40 a.m. July 3;
• Grandma Rose's, 457 Graham Ave., between 12:57 a.m. and 3 a.m. July 3;
• One Stop Beer Shop, 134 Kingsland Ave., between 4:37 and 5 a.m. July 21;
• Cookie Road, 94 Franklin St., around 6:30 a.m. July 22;
• Freddy Food Market, 257 Driggs Ave., between 1:53 and 1:56 a.m. July 22;
• Boulevard Tavern, 557 Meeker Ave., at 5:33 a.m. July 22;
• Fat Goose, 125 Wythe Ave., at 3:09 a.m. July 26;
• Modca, 103 North 3rd St., between 11 p.m. July 25 and 6 a.m. July 26;
• Osio Coffee Shop, 133 Roebling St., around 1:50 a.m. July 26;
• Ameenas Florist, 183 Norman Ave., between 8 p.m. July 25 and 9:30 a.m. July 26.
Police have released a surveillance video in one of the incidents. The suspects were described only as white males.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS. The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website or by texting their tips to 27463 (CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
Check Out These Other Stories From CBSNewYork.com:
for more features.