Here's a look at the week ahead on our "Sunday Morning" Calendar:
Monday is Left Handers Day, raising awareness of the everyday issues lefties face in a world designed for right-handers.
Tuesday sees the opening of the World's Fair of Money in Philadelphia, with more than $1 billion worth of rare coins and currency on display.
- World's Fair of Money 2018, at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia (Aug. 14-18)
- American Numismatic Society, a non-profit museum and research institute (which does not do valuations of coins)
On Wednesday, Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer celebrates his 80th birthday.
Thursday is National Roller Coaster Day because … why not?!?
- National Roller Coaster Day (Aug. 16)
On Friday, Hawaii officially celebrates the 59th anniversary of its admission to statehood.
- Hawaii Statehood (National Archives)
- Hawaiian Tourism Authority
- A first-timer's guide to the Hawaiian Islands (Rough Guides)
- In Hawaii, Spam goes with everything ("Sunday Morning," 11/23/14)
And Saturday's the day for the annual Coney Island Sand Sculpting Contest in New York City.
- Coney Island Sand Sculpting Contest, August 18
- Photos from the 2017 Coney Island Sand Sculpting Contest (gothamist.com)