Brussels seeks normalcy amid hunt for Paris suspects

BRUSSELS -- Although Brussels is still on the highest possible alert for an imminent Paris-like terror attack, there's an attempt to bring some sense of normalcy back in the Belgian capital. Many of the metros re-opened Wednesday and children have gone back to school, reports CBS News correspondent Debora Patta.

Three hundred additional police officers have been deployed to patrol schools around the city. Parents were only allowed to drop their children at the gates, as teachers escorted them inside buildings.

Phillipe Ector, director of a local elementary school, said the two-day closure has been difficult.

"I find it a bit shocking," Ector said in French. "For us, school is the place where we learn, and Brussels is the place where we learn to live together."

As the city deals with heightened security, more details have come out about the Belgian jihadists involved in the Paris attacks.

Abdelhamid Abaaoud, the alleged ringleader of those attacks, returned to the scene of the crime. The French prosecutor said cell phone usage placed him at the Bataclan concert hall at the same time police were freeing hostages. Ninety people lost their lives at the venue during the attack.

The prosecutor also revealed that Abaaoud, together with another man, were planning a suicide bomb attack at La Defense, a busy Parisian business district. Abaaoud was killed in the Saint-Denis police raid last week.

But there is a new name on Europe's most wanted list.

Thirty-year-old Mohamed Abrini was seen traveling with fugitive Salah Abdeslam two days before the mass killings, in a black car caught on a surveillance camera. His DNA was found on one of the cars used in the attack.

That means Belgian police are hunting for two of the Paris suspects, and they still have the additional pressure of trying to root out the terror cell they say is plotting Paris-like attacks on Brussels.