Photo Courtesy of Chowhound
If you're looking for new recipe inspiration, check out Google's list of the most searched recipes by state during quarantine. From sourdough bread comfort to burger bliss, these popular recipes will give your dinner rotation a needed lift.
Google Trends just broke the not-so-shocking news that search traffic around recipes has reached an all-time high. It's likely not a huge surprise to those of us who've been stuck in the house, cooking, baking, and seeking out new recipes to add to the new regular rotation. In fact, it's hard to imagine there's EVER been a time when more Americans were doing more cooking—and the data backs it up. But what the heck is everyone making in quarantine?
We're so glad you asked. Google has also released the top-searched recipes unique to each state so we could get a snapshot of what folks are making over the past month.
Comfort food is definitely hitting big with a search for hamburger recipes coming out on top in 12 states, by far the most. Bread, which seems to be in everyone's oven, came in second, with seven states searching for it most. Salmon swam to the top in four states.
Curious about your state's most uniquely searched recipe? Check out the full results below with links to recipes or recipe roundups from our own library.
Uniquely Searched Recipes By State, Past 30 Days
Note: Unique is when a state searches for something more than all of the U.S.
- Alabama – chicken salad recipe
- Alaska – cinnamon rolls recipe
- Arizona – lemonade recipe
- Arkansas – hamburger meat recipe
- California – snickerdoodle recipe
- Colorado – egg salad recipe
- Connecticut – salmon recipe
- Delaware – salmon recipe
- Washington, DC – margarita recipe
- Florida – zucchini recipe
- Georgia – baked chicken recipe
- Hawaii – shoyu chicken recipe
- Idaho – cinnamon rolls recipe
- Illinois – pork tenderloin recipe
- Indiana – hamburger recipe
- Iowa – hamburger recipe
- Kansas – hamburger recipe
- Kentucky – hamburger recipe
- Louisiana – crawfish etouffee recipe
- Maine – bread recipe
- Maryland – salmon recipe
- Massachusetts – bread recipe
- Michigan – hamburger recipe
- Minnesota – bread recipe
- Mississippi – cornbread recipe
- Missouri – hamburger recipe
- Montana – cinnamon rolls recipe
- Nebraska – hamburger recipe
- Nevada – pork loin recipe
- New Hampshire – bread recipe
- New Jersey – salmon recipe
- New Mexico – tortilla recipe
- New York – charoset recipe
- North Carolina – pound cake recipe
- North Dakota – sloppy joe recipe
- Ohio – hamburger recipe
- Oklahoma – hamburger meat recipe
- Oregon – cinnamon rolls recipe
- Pennsylvania – egg salad recipe
- Rhode Island – chicken parm recipe
- South Carolina – pound cake recipe
- South Dakota – bread recipe
- Tennessee – baked chicken recipe
- Texas – hamburger meat recipe
- Utah – crêpes recipe
- Vermont – pancake recipe
- Virginia – banana pudding recipe
- Washington – sourdough bread recipe
- West Virginia – hamburger recipe
- Wisconsin – ham recipe
- Wyoming – sourdough recipe
Article provided by CBS sister site Chowhound.com. All featured products are curated independently by Chowhound editors. When you buy something through their retail links, Chowhound may receive a commission.
for more features.