2 Employees Injured In North Mankato Business Explosion Incident
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) -- Emergency responders are on the scene of an explosion at a business in North Mankato Wednesday.
According to police, two employees were injured in a blast at the All-State Peterbilt on West Howard Drive in North Mankato.
Police say shop workers were working on a West Central Sanitation vehicle when the vehicle began to leak compressed natural gas. While employees were evacuating the garage, the natural gas came in contact with an ignition source and exploded.
Two employees were hurt in the blast. A 59-year-old Ellendale man suffered first- and second-degree burns and was airlifted to Regions Hospital's burn unit. The second man, a 41-year-old Gibbon man, suffered a minor hand injury and was treated at the scene.
Police say the men should both be OK.
There are no public concerns following the explosion. The compressed natural gas dissipated through the area and the blast was contained to the shop area.
Overhead garage doors were blown out and there was some other structural damage.
Police are now working with the shop owner and management to get things cleaned up. They're expected to be on scene for a couple more hours.
for more features.