Meghan Schiller is a journalist who reports daily for the 4,5 and 6 p.m. newscasts before switching gears (and outfits) to anchor KDKA News at 7:30 p.m. She focuses on investigative and consumer reporting, always looking to get help or find answers for KDKA's loyal viewers.
Meghan joined the station in October 2017 after stops in South Bend, Indiana, and Savannah, Georgia. She's a Pittsburgh girl with roots in the South Hills. She grew up in Whitehall and attended Baldwin High School. She ventured just 25 minutes away for college, attending Carnegie Mellon University in Oakland.
She's thrilled to report in her hometown alongside her husband, Carl. The couple welcomed their first son into the world, Quinn Francis, on May 3, 2022.
Meghan is a three-time Emmy award winner. She's most proud of her work to highlight the state-wide closures of facilities for ventilator-dependent patients, as well as expose concerns with the drinking water in Aliquippa, Beaver County.
Meghan's path to journalism is pretty unique. She studied Vocal Performance and English at CMU with dreams of performing on stage. Her love of singing, and her Irish heritage, landed her the title of Pittsburgh's "Miss Smiling Irish Eyes." As the queen of the St. Patrick's Day parade, she appeared as a guest on KDKA's "Pittsburgh Today Live." After the show, Meghan asked KDKA anchor Kristine Sorensen about internship opportunities — and the rest is history! Meghan then went on to pursue a Master's degree in Journalism at Northwestern University in Chicago.
If Meghan isn't in the field or behind the anchor desk, she's spending time with family, working out, or walking her two dogs Jameson and Bailey.
- Joined KDKA: October 2017
- Hometown: Pittsburgh
- Alma Mater: Carnegie Mellon University and Northwestern University
- Music: Top 40s or anything Chris Stapleton
- Movie: The Sound of Music, The American President
- TV Show: Shark Tank
- Book: Calling Me Home
- Hobbies: Singing, fitness
- Sports Team: Penguins
- Food: Italian
- Local Restaurant: 40 North
- Sport/Exercise: Weightlifting in my home gym or F45 in the Strip!
- Historical Figure: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Favorite Pennsylvanian: Robert "Switch" Joyce (my grandfather)
- Quote: "A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures."
- Word: Joy
- Vacation Spot: Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
- Holiday: Christmas Eve
- Guilty Pleasure: Watching reality TV and eating my mom's cherry mumbles
- Planet: Earth
THIS OR THAT
- Facebook or Twitter? Instagram
- Cats or Dogs? Dogs
- Beatles or Rolling Stones? Beatles
- Comedy or Tearjerker? Comedy
- Phone Call or Text Message? Text message
- Mac or PC? Mac
- Coffee or Tea? Coffee with a lot of oat milk
- Paper or Plastic? Plastic
- Morning Person or Night Person? Morning person because of my newborn!
- East Coast or West Coast? East Coast
- Star Trek or Star Wars? Stealing Ken Rice's answer … Starbucks!
for more features.