PITTSBURGH (KDKA) --- More Americans bet on the Super Bowl than any other sporting event. And we're not just talking about the game.
You can wager on the winner of opening coin toss, or whether Idina Menzel will mess up a note or two in the National Anthem.
Will dapper Bill Belichick wear a hoodie with full sleeves, or sleeves cut as he paces the sideline?
"Sleeves cut," says Jim Cohen, owner of Yinzer's in the Strip District. "They're in Arizona. It'll still look stupid."
Passersby have different opinions of Katy Perry's outfit in the halftime show.
"Whipped cream bikini."
"All the above."
Quarterback Tom Brady's wife, Giselle Bundchen, will be there, as always. But the question is, how many times will she be shown on TV during the game? The over-under is 1.5.
"Probably as many times as they showed Bubby Brister's mother," Jim Cohen guesses.
And how many times will "Deflategate" be mentioned? The over-under is three. Your guess is as good as anyone's.
These "prop" bets are becoming more and more popular during the Super Bowl.
A lot of people like the bets, because you don't have to know a lot about football to make them.
The Bovada sportsbook has hundreds of bizarre betting options for this year's game.
Some of the top, most ridiculous bets for the Super Bowl are:
1. What color will Patriots coach Bill Belichick's hoodie be?
2. Will Idina Menzel forget or omit at least 1 word of the National Anthem?
3. How long will it take Menzel to sing the National Anthem?
4. How many times will deflated balls be mentioned during the game?
5. What will happen with the Dow Jones the day after the game?
6. What will Katy Perry be wearing at the Halftime Show?
7. What will the Nielsen rating of the game be?
8. What color will the Gatorade be that is poured on the winning coach?
9. Who will win the coin toss?
10. How many times will Gisele Bundchen be shown on the television?
POLL: Which would you be most likely to bet on?
for more features.