PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – Officials in the Ligonier Valley School District are warning parents after several students acquired MRSA.
The district says three students contracted the infection, but believe they got it outside of school.
However, officials are urging the community to exercise caution and cover coughs and sneezes, as well as frequently washing hands.
District officials say MRSA often causes skin infections that might appear swollen, red, warm or tender. It can look like a spider or bug bite – or a boil.
for more features.