Watch CBS News

Home Catches Fire After Man Uses Space Heater To Thaw Pipes

NORTH UNION TOWNSHIP (KDKA) -- A man was trying to thaw pipes with a space heater under his mobile home in North Union Township before the home caught fire Friday afternoon.

Carl Yeagley's son Gary says he, his mother and sister were inside when they saw the smoke.

They had only enough time to grab some of their dogs, but in doing so, Gary Yeagley says his dad breathed in a lot of smoke.

He was flown to UPMC Mercy, but was later released, according to his family.

The mobile home was destroyed, and the family lost a puppy in fire.

Gary Yeagley wants to thank firefighters for their efforts.

More North Union Township News
More Fayette County News

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.