Watch CBS News

Firefighters Called After Neighbors Spot Fire At Port Vue Home

PORT VUE (KDKA) – Firefighters worked to put out a house fire in Port Vue Friday morning.

It started at a house on Barkley Road.

Authorities on the scene say no one was home at the time of the fire.

The woman who lives in the house was at her daughter's house, helping her grandchildren get ready for school, when the fire broke out.

A bird was rescued from the home and the family dog was with the woman at the time of the fire.

Officials say it was possibly started by a vent fan malfunction.

Neighbors first spotted smoke coming from the attic vents.

Stay with KDKA for more information

More Local News
More Police News

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.