Watch CBS News

Fire marshal determines cause of fire at Harmar House

Cause of Harmar House fire determined
Cause of Harmar House fire determined 00:24

CHESWICK, Pa. (KDKA) - Earlier this week, a fire ripped through the Harmar House and now the owners say they know what started the blaze. 

In a recent post on Facebook, the owner said the fire marshal determined it was a towel fire that caused the establishment to go up in flames. 

RELATED: After fire, Harmar House owner tries to figure out what's next while dozens of events don't have a venue

He said his security system showed a bar rag caught fire in a bin. 

It happened just days before Hamar House was set to celebrate 25 years in business. 

The owner said it has been an emotional rollercoaster but thanked everyone for their support. 

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.