Watch CBS News

Dog Killed In Fire That Destroyed Mobile Home Day After Christmas

Follow KDKA-TV: Facebook | Twitter

KISKI TOWNSHIP (KDKA) - A family is now without a home after a fire ripped through their trailer the day after Christmas.

Authorities say firefighters were dispatched to a structure fire at approximately 7:37 p.m. on Wednesday. Kiski Township Police officers also responded to the scene on Elwood Road in Kiski Township.

Fire officials say that a couple that lived in the trailer were not home when the fire sparked, but their 12-year-old terrier, Max, was inside and did not make it out.

Authorities believe the cause of the fire was an electrical malfunction of a product known as heat tape. Fire officials say that heat tape is commonly used in mobile homes to help keep the pipes from freezing.

Stay With For More Details

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.