ERIE, Pa. (KDKA) -- A beach in Erie, Pennsylvania has landed at the top of a list of freshwater beaches in the United States.
According to 10best.com, Presque Isle State Park is home to one of the best freshwater beaches in the country.
The site reads that the park has "the state's only formidable shoreline, which boasts a number of beaches." However, it is noted that Beach 11 is the most serene, while Beach 6 is popular because of concession stands and volleyball courts.
Others who made the list:
1. Presque Isle State Park - Erie, Penn.
2. Grand Haven State Park - Grand Haven, Mich.
3. Park Point Beach - Duluth, Minn.
4. North Beach - Racine, Wis.
5. West Beach - Indiana Dunes, Ind.
6. Oak Street Beach - Chicago
7. Huntington Beach - Cleveland
8. Bradford Beach - Milwaukee
9. Lake Michigan Beach Park - Empire, Mich.
10. Sand Point Beach - Munising, Mich.
The winners were chosen by readers of USA TODAY and 10Best.
for more features.