Bed Bath & Beyond disclosed the locations of some of the 150 stores it plans on closing as the beleaguered retailer seeks to cut costs and free up cash.
The retail chain posted a list of more than 50 locations that will be shuttered, with the stores ranging from Arizona to Washington state. Last month, Bed Bath & Beyond announced it of its roughly 1,000 stores. The company didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.
Several of the stores locations have recently closed in Western Pennsylvania, including the one on McKnight Road in Ross Township and another in the Waterworks Mall plaza. In this round of closures, the one store listed as closing in Pennsylvania is in Wynnewood, near Philadelphia.
There are four locations on the list in Ohio, including one in Sandusky.
While Bed Bath & Beyond has become a "" after attracting the favor of amateur investors, its shares have plunged 47% this year amid declining revenue, widening losses and the defection of a prominent investor. In August, Ryan Cohen, the billionaire founder of online pet food company Chewy, of 7.7 million shares, spurring a selloff.
Investors were also rattled earlier this month when its chief financial officer, Gustavo Arnal, died afterfrom a luxury skyscraper in downtown Manhattan. The New York City medical examiner's office ruled his death a suicide.
In the meantime, Bed Bath & Beyond is focusing on shoring up its financials, with GlobalData analyst Neil Saunders describing them as "in a parlous state."
"The past few years of poor strategy have caused severe financial pain, and the scars will be borne in around 150 store closures and a curtailment of refurbishment programs," he said in a recent research note about the closures. "These actions are necessary, but they underline that before the group can advance it will need to take several steps back."
Below is a list of the Bed Bath & Beyond stores that are closing:
- Interstate 17 & Carefree Highway in Phoenix
- Interstate 19 & Irvington in Tucson
- 9918 Mission Gorge Road in Santee
- 1140 Hilltop Drive in Redding
- 75 Lakewood Center Mall in Lakewood
- 2601 Larkspur Landing Circle in Larkspur
- 39421 10th Street West in Palmdale
- 15555 East 14th Street, Suite 240 in San Leandro
- 201 East Magnolia Blvd in Burbank
- 117 General Stilwell Drive in Marina
- Ridgeway Shopping Center in Stamford
- 850 Hartford Turnpike in Waterford
- Sawgrass in Sunrise
- 111 Towne Center Blvd in Sanford
- Presidential Market Center in Snellville
- Johns Creek in Suwanee
- 1522 Flammang Drive in Waterloo
- 2475 N.W. Arterial in Dubuque
- Gurnee Mills Mall in Gurnee
- 915 East Golf Road in Schaumburg
- Fairview Center in Fairview Heights
- Carbondale University Mall in Carbondale
- 2850 Plainfield Road in Joliet
- Kankakee in Bourbonnais
- 2900 Meadow Creek Drive in Bossier City
- 35 Highland Avenue in Seekonk
- 8B Allstate Road Suite 1 in Dorchester
- Granite Heights in Milford
- 31075 Orchard Lake Road in Farmington Hills
- Northville Retail Center in Northville
- Green Ridge Square in Walker
- 50551 Waterside Drive in Chesterfield
- 9050 Highland Road White in Lake Township
3959 Second Street South in St. Cloud
The Arboretum in Charlotte
195 Los Altos Pkwy in Sparks
- 34 E Ridgewood Ave in Paramus NJ 07652
- Mount Olive in Flanders
- 13 Route 9 South in Manalapan
- Orange Plaza in Middletown
- 500 East Sandford Blvd in Mt. Vernon
- 4805 Commercial Drive in New Hartford
- 73 Centre Drive Suite 100 in Plattsburgh
- 251 Airport Plaza Blvd in Farmingdale
- Bridgewater Falls in Hamilton
- Colerain in Cincinnati
- 10027 Fremont Pike in Perrysburg
- 4020 Milan Road, Unit 910 in Sandusky
2780 SW Cedar Hills Blvd in Beaverton
70 E. Wynnewood Blvd in Wynnewood
Plaza Del Sol in Bayamon
- 3201 Lawrence Road Suite A in Wichita Falls
- Central Mall in Port Arthur
- 135 Shoppers Way NW in Christiansburg
- 532 Fort Evans Road in Leesburg
Lakewood Towne Center in Lakewood
for more features.