Even nominees who don't win an Oscar this year aren't going home anywhere near empty-handed.
All of the best actor/actress, best supporting actor/actress and best director contenders at the 87th annual Academy Awards will be receiving gift bags valued at an estimated $160,000.
Aside from the skincare products and high-end accessories the nominees are usually given, this year's lavish goodie bag includes the following, according to Variety:
- A luxury train ride through the Canadian rockies ($14,500)
- A package of French Mediterranean sea salts ($1,500)
- Three-night stay at a resort in Tuscany ($1,500)
- "Glamping" trip ($12,500)
- One year of Audi A4 car rentals ($20,000)
- Reset Yourself "lifestyle makeover package" ($14,200)
- Afterglow vibrator ($250)
- Haze vaporizer ($250)
- Wellness 360 gift pack ($1,200)
- Custom candy and dessert buffet gift certificate ($800)
- Custom silver necklace with latitude and longitude coordinates of Dolby Theater engraved ($150)
The highest priced item in this year's bag, according to the press release from the bag's creator Distinctive Assets -- a $20,000 gift certificate to have Enigma Life founder Olessia Kantor fly out to each nominee and "discuss their 2015 horoscope, analyze dreams and teach them mind control techniques."
Yes, you read that right -- mind control. So at least next time the contenders are nominated, they'll know if they're going to win or not before the name is read.
Last year's gift bag only had $80,000 worth of swag, so this is certainly a jump forward. And for what it's worth, the bags are created and given out by Distinctive Assets and are not affiliated with the Academy. In fact, the academy voted in 2006 to discontinue the gift bags when the IRS got involved.
for more features.