Here's a look at the week ahead on our "Sunday Morning" Calendar:
Monday is Duke Ellington Day, honoring the 120th anniversary of the legendary musician and composer's birth.
- ellingtonia.com - Discography of Ellington's works
- The Duke Ellington Center for the Arts, New York City
- ("Sunday Morning," 4/20/99)
To hear Duke Ellington perform "Take the A Train" click on the video player below.
Tuesday brings word of this year's Tony nominations, live on "CBS This Morning."
- The 73rd annual Tony Awards, to be presented Jun 9 at Radio City Music Hall, New York City, broadcast live on CBS
- Tony Award Nominees page
Wednesday is May Day, a celebration of spring, and in many countries a salute to the labor movement.
- The May Pole tradition ("Sunday Morning, 05/01/16)
- The Bloody Story of How May Day Became a Holiday for Workers (Time)
- The brief origins of May Day (Industrial Workers of the World)
Thursday marks the 500th anniversary of the death of Leonardo da Vinci, the great Renaissance artist and inventor.
- "Leonardo da Vinci" by Walter Isaacson (Simon & Schuster), in Hardcover, eBook, Unabridged and Abridged Digital Audio Download and Unabridged and Abridged Audio CD formats; Available via Amazon
Friday is World Press Freedom Day, dedicated to protecting a free press.
- World Press Freedom Day (May 3)
- World Press Freedom Day: The Basics (IFEX)
- Reporters Without Borders
- U.S. ranks 48th on Reporters Without Borders' 2019 World Press Freedom Index
And Saturday sees the 145th running of the Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs in Louisville.
- The Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs (May 4)
- Kentucky Derby odds, picks 2019: Omaha Beach, Improbable, Roadster predictions from horse racing insider (CBS Sports)
Story produced by Trey Sherman.